Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone near me has a boat they are calling a Hobie Katey near me, however I can’t find anything online. It has a front and rear deck, as well as a poling platform. Anyone have one or have any experience with the boat? Any information would be fantastic!

He says it is a 2001.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
256 Posts
That doesn’t sound right. Hobie made Power Skiffs in a couple of sizes but I believe production had ceased well before 2001. I’ve never heard of a “Katey”. Need more info, pics, etc. All the Power Skiffs I’ve seen stock do not have a front or rear casting deck. I have seen them added.

Seems like I remember Hobie making a much larger hull, but it’s been a few decades so I may be thinking of another hull.

I’d be skeptical of this boat. It may be that someone got a title to a 2001 Hobie sail boat and used that to title this hull. Hobie made most of these skiffs in the 80’s to mid 90’s. Get a closeup look at the title and the ID plate on the hull, anything funny, run away.

The old molds have been bought and sold a few times and I doubt these knock offs are anywhere close to the quality of the real Hobie.

Good luck and don’t fall in love with the idea of owning this boat, there are others out there without all the “hair” on it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has sold now, seemed like a great deal, however I would love more info on the boat, great looking little skiff. Pictures to follow

·
BBA Counselor
6,903 Posts
I've seen a few like that. I think they were produced by Razor after they bought out the hobie line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts