Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack Groves here in Dunedin, happy to have a 1987 very nice Johnsen 14’ skiff with at this time a 15 HP Johnson motor on the back. But in desperate need of an electric start due to bad shoulders and old age.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. A question for you, I have tried to respond about the 15 to one of the other members and keep getting a big black error box, can’t figure out why??

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome Jack. I think you'll end up selling your motor and buying another with the electric start. Not sure how cost effective a retro fit of an electric starter is. OK so I sent the message and now someone else will reply. I'm just breaking them loose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome Jack. I think you'll end up selling your motor and buying another with the electric start. Not sure how cost effective a retro fit of an electric starter is. OK so I sent the message and now someone else will reply. I'm just breaking them loose.
Hi Monty, Actually sold the motor yesterday going to pick up an electric start Suzuki 15 this afternoon if it's any good, the guy that owned it was a duck hunter and camped the motor with a rattle can job I'm going to try to get it off with acetone, or jus repaint in Suzuki color. Jack

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Monty, Actually sold the motor yesterday going to pick up an electric start Suzuki 15 this afternoon if it's any good, the guy that owned it was a duck hunter and camped the motor with a rattle can job I'm going to try to get it off with acetone, or jus repaint in Suzuki color. Jack
Good. Hope it ends up being a great motor for you. If you don't get it...I see lots of older and newer 15, 20. 25s in Craigs list. And a shop here in town has a nearly new Yamaha 25 four stroke (its maybe 2 years old.) The Boat place is B&B Marine and ATV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good. Hope it ends up being a great motor for you. If you don't get it...I see lots of older and newer 15, 20. 25s in Craigs list. And a shop here in town has a nearly new Yamaha 25 four stroke (its maybe 2 years old.) The Boat place is B&B Marine and ATV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked up the Suzuki 15 today $800 so think I got a good buy , started right up cold, idled down real nice and was peeing like a race horse, shifts easily, and sounds smooth. Needs a prop, duck hunters must hit a lot of submerged stuffLOL. Got battery connectors at ace need tank connector and slide on earmuffs

·
Registered
408 Posts
Picked up the Suzuki 15 today $800 so think I got a good buy , started right up cold, idled down real nice and was peeing like a race horse, shifts easily, and sounds smooth. Needs a prop, duck hunters must hit a lot of submerged stuffLOL. Got battery connectors at ace need tank connector and slide on earmuffs
Sounds like you did very good. Walmart tank connector $12. Just bought one as I switched from a 6 gallon tank to a 3gallon. With the 6, I always left 2 gallons, 1 gallon, 3 etc. in the tank and then just added some gas to it. Got concerned that after 3 years or more...what is the gas like at the bottom. I want to run it dry and start a fresh tank. So now I have the 3 gallon tank and will carry an extra 2 in a non marine gas can for back up. I have a 25hp 2 stroke Yamaha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts