Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, from the RVA area. New member - 62yo. Having just sold my 20'/200hp Bass Boat, I'm looking to simplify. To be honest, I spent more time up in the creeks on Buggs in my 1980 Scanoe /Tohatsu 2.5 than I ever did in the 20 years that I owned the bass boat. Sold my place on Buggs last year and didn't have storage at home for the boat here in Richmond. Rented covered storage down near Hopewell for the last year. I gave the Scanoe to the new owner of my property down on Buggs. Kept the Tohatsu. One of the very last 2 strokes, but the throttle is on the faceplate... no twisty tiller.

Anyway, now that I'm boatless, I'm looking to rectify that. Looking for a small water boat for 2 up fresh water fishing that I can swap over to electric only when we fish no gas places like Diascund. I've always been attracted to the Gheenoes, and so far that's what I'm looking for. They are pretty rare here in Virginia, so i'll probably do a bit of traveling to find one that suits my needs. My target is a LT10, but wondering if the Highsider would be "good enough" .... my fishing partner (wife) can be somewhat klutzy, so the more stable, the better... but still needs to be able to move along well under electric power. Thats the biggest drawback to considering a LT25 for me.
So... I joined this forum to get some ideas about these small water boats, what's out there, what works, what doesn't, and how not to make poor choices when it comes to these things. I look forward to joining in the conversation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's good to know. I wonder why none of my searches indicated it. Do you happen to know the name of the dealer?
Oh wait... must be Wilcox.. I know why now. I was looking for Custom Gheenoe since the LT10 was the one I was looking for. But I'll look into them anyway.. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's good to know. I wonder why none of my searches indicated it. Do you happen to know the name of the dealer?
I called Wilcox down in Newport News... They just placed an order... 12wk lead time on these. They have 1 camo 15'4" left in stock and no trailers. I'm still leaning towards the LT10. I want something more stable than my old Scanoe and able to nicely perform with a 9.9 or less for those places with that hp limit, and also to swap that out to electric for the no gas places.

I found a good deal on an older 13 B/M/T but the guy doesn't have a title or registration for the trailer.
In Virginia, navigating DMV is a big problem with no title. If I can't find a decent used one I may be forced to buy new.
Suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts