Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy!

What are your requirements and budget on a new skiff?
Intercoastal shallow water fly fishing and I would like to keep it around 15,000 I’ve been looking at a Gheenoe LT 25 and a lot of used flats . I live on the intercoastal waterway and I like fishing for reds speckled trout flounder and anything that I can get into kayak water or very skinny water away from the bigger boats . I use by jet ski now but want to go to a boat .

·
Registered
287 Posts
Join team Ankona, Gheenoes are the dark side;).

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you would be happy with either an Ankona or a Gheenoe. But they are worth a look. A Shadowcast or Native could be had new for that price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Join team Ankona, Gheenoes are the dark side;).

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you would be happy with either an Ankona or a Gheenoe. But they are worth a look. A Shadowcast or Native could be had new for that price.
I’ll check out the Ankona thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Skimmer Skiff is another solid pick. Bit cheaper than Ankona depending on what you want on the boat and a good deal for the price.

If you are interested in a 14', one of the best in that class is a Salt Marsh. They cost more than a Skimmer and probably an Ankona but not too much more. They are also one of the cleanest in that segment especially for their cost.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well done! Sweet ride! Where do you fish?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Swansboro NC mostly intercostal and creeks off main channel. Reds , trout and flounder . Oh and a lot of blues . Having a jack plate installed today. Looking forward to getting back at it .

·
Registered
473 Posts
Swansboro NC mostly intercostal and creeks off main channel. Reds , trout and flounder . Oh and a lot of blues . Having a jack plate installed today. Looking forward to getting back at it .
Quick google earth view seems to show some pretty nice shallow hunting grounds right on th outskirts of town. Lucky you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts