Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of reading threads, and stalking from afar. Finally joined. Want to buy some stuff on here, sell some stuff. And talk with some more fly fisherman. Not a lot in my particular part of Alabama. I predominately warmwater fly fish for largemouth and bream/sunfish species but try and tarpon/redfish once or twice a year. And trout fish with my brother in Idaho and Wyoming every summer.

-Drew

·
Registered
687 Posts
Bama peeps where yall at? I'm down around south of Troy right off 231. Fish the panhandle, Panama to Carabelle.

Reactions: BarHopper

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome, Bama! I'm down near Mobile - fly fish regularly from Apalachicola to Louisiana - have you fly fished for Crappie up your way???

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome, Bama! I'm down near Mobile - fly fish regularly from Apalachicola to Louisiana - have you fly fished for Crappie up your way???
I haven't this year. Usually go with my pops once a year and sit under the bridge at Eufaula and catch them at night. But ain't got a chance to go this year but I've heard they're there.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I was a guide for over 20 years in the Keys and the Everglades. They were my specialty. I sure miss them
Me and the wife are going down to Islamorada in June. Please help me. haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crappie fishing on fly seems great. I’ve caught them accidentally, and then have targeted them on fly a few times, crappie gobble flies down well. Just have had hard times finding lots of concentrated fish.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bama peeps where yall at? I'm down around south of Troy right off 231. Fish the panhandle, Panama to Carabelle.
I'm in Gulf Shores. If any of you guys are ever down on the beach hit me up. Not too many people throwing flies down here. Dock lights have turned on good the past week. Some quality fish around right now and only getting better.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome BamaFlyAngler, I'm sure you'll like it here, a lot of good people that dig fishing on here. I made a trip to Tuscaloosa nearly 2 years ago to pick up a custom pit built by Shirley Fabrication. I waited a year to have them build me that pit, first class cats right behind U of A.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm in Gulf Shores. If any of you guys are ever down on the beach hit me up. Not too many people throwing flies down here. Dock lights have turned on good the past week. Some quality fish around right now and only getting better.
Id love to take you up on that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome BamaFlyAngler, I'm sure you'll like it here, a lot of good people that dig fishing on here. I made a trip to Tuscaloosa nearly 2 years ago to pick up a custom pit built by Shirley Fabrication. I waited a year to have them build me that pit, first class cats right behind U of A.
Bud- Shirley Pits are amazing. I dream of one, maybe some day. Hope youre getting plenty of use out of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll take you up on that! and just followed you on instagram. Wow, awesome photography.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts