Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know these aren't exactly micro skiffs but considering the vast amount of knowledge on this forum I thought I would pick the brains of the experts. So, on paper these are two seemingly similar rides. I have ridden on both at various occasions but at the time really wasn't in the market for a flats boat and didn't remember any discernable difference between the two. In a direct comparison what would be the pros and cons of each? My intended use will be an all purpose blast n cast rig that is capable of some open water crossings and to also access some moderately shallow water. It will not be poled. Any thoughts on this?

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,820 Posts
I was at a similar crossroads when I bought mine. I assume you're talking about the older ones (lappy hull on the Hewes).

I believe the Maverick is slightly heavier, with possibly a touch more deadrise. In theory it will be better in rougher water, but tougher to pole and will draft a little more. I haven't fished a Master Angler so I can't say if any of that holds true.

For me, it boiled down to the individual boat. I also liked the look of the lappy more than the MA, but that's just personal preference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts