Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congrats, you got a hull. Its been said before, but the wait is the hardest part. I hear a lot of great things about the Heron!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey Walter.... how long till completion... from the mold in the photo above?

Is that color ”seafoam”?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could say. Probably a month, maybe six weeks?

It’s a light gray hull with Chevy white deck and console.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I spoke to Rose this morning. She said approximately 6 to 8 weeks for completion....from the day they pop the mold.

Reactions: BudT

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’m hoping one of those in the background is my Heron. Looking good Walt!

·
Registered
19 Posts
What power is that ETEC? And why did you go that route? I love the warranty, but just wanting to know if you have personal experience with it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What power is that ETEC? And why did you go that route? I love the warranty, but just wanting to know if you have personal experience with it.
It’s a 90. While I don’t have any personal experience with it, I have 3 friends running 225’s and their experience has been good.

My reasons were cost, weight, warranty, and recommendations from Salt Marsh due to their demo model having one and getting great numbers.

Driving down Friday to bring her home.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Congrats Walter...excited for you!

If you don’t mind.....see if there’s a seafoam green Heron 16 on the line.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Georgiadrifter,

If you don’t mind, when did you put hit deposit down? Just wondering, gauge where I am in line.;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Georgiadrifter,

If you don’t mind, when did you put hit deposit down? Just wondering, gauge where I am in line.;)
$300 deposit on Sept. 6th

Sprayed the mold on Feb 18th

....waiting on Rose to tell me it’s out of the mold. :)

I moved up the list due to a few folks backing out or giving up their turn for one reason or another. Hoping for a mid-April delivery date. I’m documenting the build here:

https://www.microskiff.com/threads/ordered-my-saltmarsh-heron-16.55604/

Reactions: Fritz

·
Registered
441 Posts
Man, I hope it speeds up. I have a long wait to go.
One way I passed the time....start researching and acquiring:

Pushpole, trolling motor, electronics, anchor, anchor pin, safety equipment, etc.

Walt....sorry to hijack your thread. Back on topic...we need more pichers of your Heron. :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One way I passed the time....start researching and acquiring:

Pushpole, trolling motor, electronics, anchor, anchor pin, safety equipment, etc.

Walt....sorry to hijack your thread. Back on topic...we need more pichers of your Heron. :)
No apologies necessary. This is more exciting than childbirth... maybe the second one anyway.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
D6E63C9E-DCDC-4DA9-BC61-C868786586BD.jpeg 33AF7E2C-5FC2-4309-B981-919AC73C7E79.jpeg

Snapped a few while I was picking it up. Long drive back. I’m going to sleep a bit tomorrow.
Can’t use it for a while due to my wrist reconstruction surgery has me in a cast for up to six weeks.

Boat came out great, trailer worked beautifully for the 9 hour drive. Tight fit in the garage, but it’s in. Might have to shorten the tongue a few inches.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts