Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heron 16 in the build process.Any suggestion for ss prop with a 60 tohatsu.Decent hole shot and modest top end.Standard load with tm...two batteries and my son with me.We together around 340#.Any thoughts greatly appreciated.Can't wait to git-r-done.

·
Registered
‘07 B2
177 Posts
You didn’t mention where you fish or how far you run so it’s hard to recommend a prop. But your rpms tell me there’s more left. You should be hitting 5800/6000 rpms. What hole is your motor hung?

I’ve found the best performance with the SCB/YBS prop when the motor is mounted on the 3rd hole. Other props I’ll run on different motor heights.
If you raise the motor and decide to stick with the SCB I recommend going up in pitch to 16 or possibly 17.

You can always call Ken at Prop Gods in Tampa.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You didn’t mention where you fish or how far you run so it’s hard to recommend a prop. But your rpms tell me there’s more left. You should be hitting 5800/6000 rpms. What hole is your motor hung?

I’ve found the best performance with the SCB/YBS prop when the motor is mounted on the 3rd hole. Other props I’ll run on different motor heights.
If you raise the motor and decide to stick with the SCB I recommend going up in pitch to 16 or possibly 17.

You can always call Ken at Prop Gods in Tampa.
THANKS I WILL LOK AT THAT WHEN I GET HOME TONITE.I DONT RUN BUT A MILE OR SO TO MY SPOTS IN SEBASTIAN AREA IN FLORIDA.AND AM NEVER STRANDED IN SHALLOW WATER FOR A LONG DISTANCE OR NEED TO RUN ANY DISTANCE IN SKINNY WATER.WILL REPLAY BACK THIS EVENING.THANKS AGAIN

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
13,299 Posts
THANKS I WILL LOK AT THAT WHEN I GET HOME TONITE.I DONT RUN BUT A MILE OR SO TO MY SPOTS IN SEBASTIAN AREA IN FLORIDA.AND AM NEVER STRANDED IN SHALLOW WATER FOR A LONG DISTANCE OR NEED TO RUN ANY DISTANCE IN SKINNY WATER.WILL REPLAY BACK THIS EVENING.THANKS AGAIN
No need to yell Captain Gary. 🤓

1 - 8 of 8 Posts