1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
993E5AD8-C783-4F8F-9121-6EFE79DE77A6.jpeg
C5A58D2E-31C0-4A44-96EE-FF3153572BB3.jpeg
DCDCA262-76C3-4C7D-A530-BBEA32AB599C.jpeg
its an 18ft well boat basically a blank canvas. I have a 2004 70hp Suzuki four stroke that I can’t decide if I should tiller or not.

Love to hear your ideas. Let’s make this boat an island hopping, two kids and a dog carrying, spec trout fishing and crabbing machine that floats super skinny in my backyard creek. And looks cool af.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know one thing, I would completely deck between forward bench and existing deck, using the open area to put extra braces and a hatch for large storage area - that way you have a great dance-floor up front for casting and a place for the doggo to roam.

This looks like it will take a ton of work, but will be an absolutely crick & flat water machine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t think it’s considered a tunnel boat. It’s called a well boat. It’s a shrimping net style work boat. Built like that so you can back down on your nets and not get them tangled in the prop.

100% agree to deck over between the forward deck and existing forward bench. Thinking about deck over the same in the back as well but that will be tricky when the motor is tilted. Yes. Lots of work to do but I’ll try to make it fun. Would it make a difference to foam fill the voids in the bench’s?? Does that help flotation? We can get a little heavy with the whole family especially if we go camping.

I am thinking a mini center or side console with room for the wheel, switches, binnacle and gps. Polling platform. Cooler seat. Keep it low and light.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,531 Posts
Tiller. Glass in the foredeck area for more deck space and storage underneath. Sand and paint the hull with two part polyurethane. Strategic use of SeaDek in the cockpit and go run it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boat came out pretty cool. Removed the seats, added a floor with foam underneath, added wider gunnels, redid the console. Etc.

However I had way too much motor with this huge 70 hp Suzuki so I sold that. How small a motor can I go? I’m looking at a 25hp etec but I have no idea.
Boat is only 17ft.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts