Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 HB Pro with no floor, a side console and a Yamaha F70. At 5,000 rpm am I getting 8 to 10 MPG? Thanks

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You should be very close.. I have a 2002 Waterman 18 "no floor" with a 60hp Merc 4 stroke and I'm burning 3 gallons per hour at 30mph at 4800 rpm. This is the sweet spot for my skiff and puts me right at 10mpg. I would think you'll be very cold to my numbers with the 70 yammi.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,433 Posts
I have a 2002 HB Pro with no floor, a side console and a Yamaha F70. At 5,000 rpm am I getting 8 to 10 MPG? Thanks
If you want to know exactly what the fuel consumption is on the F70 install a NMEA 2000 network and plug it in to a compatible Garmin, Lowrance, Raymarine MFD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think that’s the semi clever (sc), my boat didn’t like it. Mine is the same diameter and pitch, but the NRS model. It has significantly better bow lift with the NRS.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,001 Posts
My f70la on the 18x60 flat is very fuel efficient, fishing 10 miles r less each way. Basically checking gas n adding after 2/3 trips. Boat n engine n misc. 1400# + passengers. Using PT scd3 x 15", 6000 @ 36 mph...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
55 Posts
I have an F70 on a 2013 Pro with NEMA network. I also tracked GPS miles for 1000 miles and tracked gas used to calculate. 7.5 to 9.5 mpg in reasonable running (25 to 31 mph) with SCD 3 15P. The long run tracking was 9.5 mpg but included idling and poling mileage. These figures are slightly better than the performance bulletin. I tried 6 different props, SCD is the one for my boat.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,001 Posts
I think that’s the semi clever (sc), my boat didn’t like it. Mine is the same diameter and pitch, but the NRS model. It has significantly better bow lift with the NRS.
What was d difference in performance on ur boat with scd vs nrs models? Only others i have tried was the red model n it was sub substandard, cavation massive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It’s been 9 years since I propped my boat. The way I remember it was I got way less bow lift than with the NRS. The scd was instantly on plane, but on plane performance was better by a lot with the NRS. I do see the Maverick and other HB pros running the scd. Try them both, kind of a pain to do, but it was instantly obvious that for some reason, the scd I tried was not going to work. Power tech dealer took it back, but shipping costs and time are a drag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts