Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks -

Would 5200 stick to the interior gelcoat of do I need to sand down to fiberglass....or just rough up the sprayed in gelcoat (Gheenoe 13). Looking to add a large bilge pump and reinforce the tops of my bench seats with either wood or Coosa board. Seats tops only about 30" wide and 11" wide. Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
256 Posts
Hey Folks -

Would 5200 stick to the interior gelcoat of do I need to sand down to fiberglass....or just rough up the sprayed in gelcoat (Gheenoe 13). Looking to add a large bilge pump and reinforce the tops of my bench seats with either wood or Coosa board. Seats tops only about 30" wide and 11" wide. Thanks
I think a rough up would be fine for the pump. I would use epoxy for the other work and maybe remove a bit more gel coat but Im not totally clear on the application.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Lightly scuffing it (220 grit) wouldn't hurt. It's more important that the surface is clean. Acetone- de-natured alcohol. Whatever you 5200 down is not coming off in one piece.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...I'll get to the pictures soon - just trying to figure some things out since I'm new to the micro skiff thing. Also had a question about hydrofoils. Permatrim or Sting Ray Jr. for a Nissan 8 hp 2 stroke (1998)? Thanks guys...I really appreciate the help. LJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts