Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member to this forum. I have a 2000 169 Backcountry Ghost and the fuel sender is not working. I have taken every hatch, compartment on the boat out and I can't find the sender. I looked under the console, followed the fuel fill line to the tank, nothing. Does anyone know or have an idea where the sender is or where I can get this information from?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! I knew you guys would have an answer. Now if I can just find that plate, or my xray glasses.

·
Living & Dying in 3/4 Time
2,558 Posts
There are not always plates, all to often tanks are installed with no regard to maintenance. Hope I'm wrong Marco, good luck!

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the boat, but if the tank is in the floor there wil be a round pie eye hatch over the sender. Or under the console, or maybe even in one of the hatches in the front deck

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyone's ideas/comments. I totally removed the center console, there are two battery cases inside and I removed both batteries and cases and low and behold there is a tiny access plate under the battery box. I removed it and there is the sender. Now I am replacing the sender and might as well rewire under the console while it is out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts