Help! Fuel Sender Location 169 Ghost

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by tk1082, Sep 20, 2013.

1. tk1082

tk1082 I Love microskiff.com!

Hi, I am a new member to this forum. I have a 2000 169 Backcountry Ghost and the fuel sender is not working. I have taken every hatch, compartment on the boat out and I can't find the sender. I looked under the console, followed the fuel fill line to the tank, nothing. Does anyone know or have an idea where the sender is or where I can get this information from?

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

The wire connection to the sender should be atop the seal plate, on top of the fuel tank

3. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Fixed it for ya

4. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

;D Wize adze!

I still say "should", I'm a firm believer in corrosion and breakage! ;)

5. tk1082

Great! I knew you guys would have an answer. Now if I can just find that plate, or my xray glasses.

6. Gramps

Gramps Living &amp; Dying in 3/4 Time

There are not always plates, all to often tanks are installed with no regard to maintenance. Hope I'm wrong Marco, good luck!

7. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the boat, but if the tank is in the floor there wil be a round pie eye hatch over the sender. Or under the console, or maybe even in one of the hatches in the front deck

8. Sucks but get ready to pull the cap off because backcountry makes it impossible to access it with the cap on

9. tk1082

Thanks for everyone's ideas/comments. I totally removed the center console, there are two battery cases inside and I removed both batteries and cases and low and behold there is a tiny access plate under the battery box. I removed it and there is the sender. Now I am replacing the sender and might as well rewire under the console while it is out.