Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The all mighty googles have failed me so far. I'm trying to find the backrest below. (I sent an email to Egret, waiting for a reply) Specifically not the Taco folding backrest that uses a larger diameter post. Anyone know who makes these?

Water Sky Watercraft Boat Vehicle

·
Panhandler
2,908 Posts
Try Birdsall Marine in West Palm.

Is that the new ride? Which model? Egret builds a fine flats boat.

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zika, thanks, I have and the one I see on their website is not the same as above. The mounting area needed is much larger in the Birdsall solution.

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Zita. I pulled the picture from Egrets FB page. Not sure this model as the backrest was the focus of my search.

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Looking at Egrets FB page I see they use this style folding backrest a lot so I was hoping it's an "off the shelf" item similar to Taco or Birdsall.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I would think the deck mounting hardware would be more important to track down. The backrest can be made by any metal fabricator.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah those post being smaller look like stainless not aluminum, aluminum is why the post are larger for strength in most cases ,him looking for the smaller post gave me the impression he may already have the bottom part 🤔

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
If you have a poling tower on your boat an alternative is the hinged backrest that you see on Hells Bay and other high end skiffs. Believe I’ve seen both the welded and the bolt on style. They also provide more usable rear deck space when folded up out if the way if not needed…

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still searching. I’m going to call Egret this week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is Egret's own design. I had Frank install one on my Egret. My boat is a 1999 so they had to glass in the supports but they are very strong and easily removable. Good Luck with your new boat. I have mine for 12 years, great boat.

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I'll have to see if they have one they can sell. Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts