Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Ill have to google them, Im off the gram and facebook now.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Here's an alternative... Bass guys for years have been using something like a large comfortable bicycle seat on a pedestal for those that want to partially stand up while fishing but also need some support - so you might want to take a look in that direction... The best part is that it not only comes with a plate and socket that allows you to easily install or remove it (with no hardware sticking up after it's removed..) but I remember seeing them with a shock absorbing pedestal (the pole that the seat is mounted on is two piece with an internal spring, etc...). You'd have to verify with the manufacturer that their materials are suitable for a marine environment...

Can't say I've ever seen one on a flats skiff but they do look like they'd have a real application on any skiff where you're in the bow all day long....

Post up what you finally decide on - there will be more than a few here interested...

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Here's a sample of what I was talking about from Tempress...
https://tempress.com/store/Casting-Series-Seats-c442160

Pick your pedestal (and the in deck hardware needed to mount it as a quick change proposition - the way bass boats do...) and you can even get shock absorbing pedestals... Then choose your seat (the one I've shown is pretty generous - I've seen them smaller - and much more like a bike seat...) and you're in business....

·
I Love microskiff.com!
568 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen one on a flats skiff but they do look like they'd have a real application on any skiff where you're in the bow all day long....

Post up what you finally decide on - there will be more than a few here interested...[/QUOTE]

·
I Love microskiff.com!
568 Posts
Lot's of older guys use the bass style butt supports here on Pine Island. Probably cheapest alternative to those custom built ones. I am avoiding them as I know I will be "old" when I need one. Hanging tough for the meantime.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts