Help a brother out...please...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by flyfisheraa573, Jul 6, 2010.

1. flyfisheraa573

flyfisheraa573 Well-Known Member

Alright gang...here's the deal..I need you to pimp your area

I am opting to exchange my family's timeshare the summer of 2012 (because the baby will be 1 1/2 yr by that time) for a local in Florida (other than Daytona area)...

What I would like to do is chase some Tarpon and/or Snook...BUT, the area needs to be family friendly, read beach and pool.

I have really been throwing around the Keys area...for me that is a 12 hour drive (not that I am opposed to that).

So your suggestions, thoughts, etc...

So far, on the list:

In the Keys:
    Marathon
    Islamorada
    Key West

Anywhere else?

Your thoughts will be appreciated :)

Also, if you suggest an area, what size boat would be best...I know I will have my 14' ready to roll by then...will that be too small? I may also step up to a larger boat by then, maybe...

2. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Come on down to the st pete or sarasota area. Plenty of places to fish with a 14ft boat and alot easier on the walet. There is probably a great place on anna maria island for you.

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

4. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

I agree with Firecat, stop 1/2 way stay on Anna Maria. There is great water here it is laid back and you can fish for your target speices. 14' will be fine . Look me up before you get here and I will do my best to get you current info and show you where we go. ;)