Hellsbay Whipray

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by PhilG, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Lifeaquatic

Lifeaquatic I Love microskiff.com!

I have ran both a side console and a tiller from the same period. I currently own a 2000 Whipray 16 Islamorada (side console) that I will never sell. However the tiller versions with lighter/smaller outboards are great light shallow skiffs. I would certainly not spend the money to convert the skiff to a side console. I would just clean her up and enjoy her as is.

2. HBFanatic

HBFanatic Well-Known Member

I now have both. I will make her perfect
    The seller was great. We talked Sunday on phone and I told him I wanted the boat. He said we would agree to shake hands on phone. I went to bank , got check and sent to him. He will send titles upon receipt. That is how it should be done.

dgt2012, Fritz and DeepSouthFly like this.

3. FlyCoast

FlyCoast Well-Known Member

Another option is to drive down there and pay cash, but I guess that's old school.

Come on man, you need to get in the car and go get that thing. I wouldn't be able to wait.

4. HBFanatic

I will have it in Ga soon. He offered to bring it to Ga for a sight fishing trip with my son. Gonna make that happen but hate for him to have to tow it so got someone to pick up soon

5. HBFanatic

Good for young guys. He is 80 and I am 74. Better to have it deliverd to Ga. I got to go see my granddaughter soon anyway

6. FlyCoast

FlyCoast Well-Known Member

I'm just pulling your chain. I'm jealous and wish I was your son.

7. dgt2012

dgt2012 Well-Known Member

Congrats, he and I spoke on Saturday, I just called to ask questions on his set up and after talking for awhile we were gonna make a trade for my tiller HB Stingray and an agreed amount of cash, he wanted a smaller skiff, I was all in for that whip, I was ready to make the deal Sunday, thought he was bringing it down, when all of a sudden he emailed me to tell me that he sold it. He is a gentleman, I took my lumps and congratulated him and I'm still trying to get over it... I am sure you'll enjoy it, best of luck.