SOLD/EXPIRED Hell's Bay Skate For Sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Jrhowe86, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Jrhowe86

Jrhowe86 I Love microskiff.com!

2010 Hell's Bay Skate For Sale

Completely restored by Hell's Bay:
      -Cap, cockpit, transom repainted and new AwlGrip applied.
      -Transom protection plates applied: Starboard on rear and aluminium on top edge and front.
      -New fuel relief lines designed and run by HB
      -New Moonlight hatch springs

Boat is in the condition it was the day it left the factory the first time. 

Sits on the all almunium Ramlin Trailer with new boat buckles. 

2014 Suzuki four stroke 15hp.  With less than 20 hours.  Its the only 15hp that is EFI not carbs.  Motor has a three year warranty and has the option to extend another three.

Has a 36 inch tiller extension from Joe at Carbon Marine and his 15 foot TFO push pole with warranty.  Wanted to keep as much on the skiff true to Florida. 

Skiff works best with a 35 Yeti and can come included.  I also installed Dri-Dek throughout. 

The only reason I am selling this extremely rare skiff is due to work related relocation.  HB only made 9 or so of them and no longer have the mold. 

This skiff is a blast to zip around in. Its like surfing when you stand and drive her around in the backcountry.  It truly makes permanent bow time possible if you fish solo.  I stand on the yeti in the middle of the cockpit and pole around while sight fishing for reds and snook. 

Price is $14,000. 

Email me or PM.

jrhowe86@gmail.com

Thanks guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way the truck is up for sale too.  Just thought I'd throw it out there.  2012 Tundra with under 18k miles with 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

2. mboeder

mboeder I Love microskiff.com!

Curious to how fast it runs with a 15hp? 15 or 20" motor?

3. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Those are so cool. Hard to believe they only made 9 of em?

Very nice!!!

4. Jrhowe86

Sorry boat is located in Port Charlotte, Fl.

It has a 15 inch shaft motor and will go 23 with me and just around 19 with another angler.

5. flytyn

flytyn I Love microskiff.com!

Why did a 2010 need new deck paint/awlgrip?

6. Jrhowe86

I had it redone by HB because when I bought the boat some changes were done to it that I didn't like. So, I had HB make it right. Sorry if I like nice things.

7. flytyn

Okay that makes sense. Potential buyers would want to know. [smiley=luck.gif]

8. erik@alamohs.com

erik@alamohs.com I Love microskiff.com!

How "tippy" are those little things? cool boat! wish you were closer to Texas

9. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

Tippy, did you say tippy..., it's a micro skiff, of course it's tippy. Does your wife not allow you out of Texas? You know, there's a whole big world, outside of Texas. I have fished in this skiff and it's no toy. Poles like a dream and can go places my 16 Whipray can't. You can launch it from a canal bank and tow it with a Smart Car. The fuel injected Suzuki purrs like a kitten with no carburators to clog. This is a very rare little skiff that will make some lucky person smile with anticipation every time they look at it in their driveway.

By the way, when it was waiting at HB to be picked up, they stored it right in the middle of the showroom, not in the back, like the other boats. The folks at HB said that it was the center of attraction while it was there. I would buy this boat myself, but my wife says that I can only own one HB at a time and if I get rid of her, I won't have enough money to own two HB's anyway. ;D

10. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

[​IMG]

I have had a long standing love affair with this skiff since I first laid eyes on it! If I could afford a second skiff....done!

11. flytyn

bump for a nice skiff.

12. skinnywater3

skinnywater3 Well-Known Member

Is this the same skiff that was for sale in Texas a few months ago? Early June?

13. FlyFisherK

FlyFisherK Dieu et les Dames

Did someone pick this up? I would love to pair this with my whipray.

14. Jrhowe86

Skiff still for sale. Price reduced to $12,500.

Thanks guys.

15. FlyFisherK

FlyFisherK Dieu et les Dames

Really surprised no one has pulled the trigger on this. Getting closer to what I can afford. Only need to take another 10k off the price.

16. erik@alamohs.com

Really.....? I post a serious question and you gotta be a Dick!? Im glad you are so concerned about my wife and my travels but keep your rude and ignorant comments to yourself. At the time of the comment I was just starting to look for a skiff to buy and had Zero experience on a small skiff type boat....gotta love the "tough guys" on forums... reminds me why i do not frequent them. Laterz

17. Yea man that dude really is a clown. Dont let one clown ruin your day. Best thing to do is ignore the clown. Ask question man, its what we do here.

18. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

Your question appears to be sarcastic because anybody that's been on a small skiff knows that they're tippy. You confessed your ignorance on skiffs so maybe you should consider the response "tough love".

19. erik@alamohs.com

I'm cool with "tough love" and no it was not and does not appear sarcastic.. its the wife comment i guess that got my blood boiling. No worries.. got a Beavertail Skiff ordered and am ready to get on the water. Maybe even venture outside of Texas...LOL

20. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

My 2 cents worth
    Anyone who has never been on a small skiff , and asks, is that thing tippy, could be just asking!
    The guy that answered , seems like he had an attitude,
    Just wondered if they come free with that brand of boat! ?