SOLD/EXPIRED Hells Bay Skate for sale....again

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by FlyFisherK, Oct 5, 2014.

1. FlyFisherK

FlyFisherK Dieu et les Dames

2. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

I don't think it was that he does not like the skiff, I think he realized it was a super good deal and picked it up to flip. But to fish it in the mean time. It is a super neat little skill. He's owned a lot of skiffs and does a lot of custom upgrades for a bunch of local people.

3. FlyFisherK

Totally understand. Now I'm tempted again to go buy it. What upgrades has he done?

4. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

I dont think he has done anything to it. I know the motor is for sale separately too, or was. He had it out today and broke her in with a nice over slot red.

5. trailblazerEXT

trailblazerEXT I Love microskiff.com!

Went over to take a look at the Skate. Sweet skiff with a little fishing rash & the anchor hole which was nothing compared to the weight ratings. There's not much room for anything unless fishing alone. Had a plastic bathtub bass boat that had a higher weight rating & could take over 480 lbs in 2 people. This was 280 lbs for 2 persons, which translated into where do you find a less than 90 lb flyfishing friend other than a dummy in the carpool lane ?

6. RAWWATERFIHING

RAWWATERFIHING I Love microskiff.com!

A little history on this skiff according to the seller in Texas. This was used during the film making of "High in the Lowlands". Yep, the one with Brian "Bear" Holeman, Jeff Legutki, Kevin Mihailoff, Willie Benson etc... It made its way to Texas, hull registration #TX 5544 or something like that. The owner in Tx striped it. Kept the motor, casting platform, even the push poll caddie. The hull had some pretty good scars from oyster bars. Then sold for $5200, boat and trailer only to someone in Fl on west coast. Matt from HB said 12 where made. Why someone would spend $14000 or even $12500 for a solo type skiff?Cause it's a HB? That's stupid money to me! It doesn't even have running lights. Sorry, venting on an over priced unpractical skiff. Only my opinion.

7. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

Well that will certainly help the seller with his sale ......

8. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

I have thought that boat was cool ever since they came out. If I am not mistaken, they were $16k back then. Its the living breathing definition of microskiff. Boat looks like it is in good shape and someone will have a blast with it....

9. blaker3421@gmail.c

blaker3421@gmail.c I Love microskiff.com!

wish i had the $$$. That guy just put this thread on blast!!!

10. FlyFisherK

Anyone know what that little block on the port gunnel is?

11. Pmn000

Pmn000 I Love microskiff.com!

Pretty sure the Skate from high in the lowlands was the one that Nick just sold in Naples. He bought the boat from Dave Teper, who was also in the film.

12. PLANKTON7

PLANKTON7 I Love microskiff.com!

honestly who cares?

13. Pmn000

Pmn000 I Love microskiff.com!

I wouldn't want some of the "famous" guide/HB nut jugglers to get the wrong impression and buy this boat due to some made up history. ;D

14. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Unless Flip personally urinated off of the bow then the name dropping has no actual added value :D

15. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

That's funny ;D

16. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

This is how to be a deuce :mad:

17. Lt25

Lt25 I Love microskiff.com!

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1398605783

Well admin we are waiting!!!!!!!! :D

18. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

If its not the actual owners thread, I really don't see a problem with it...He didn't really bash it either.

19. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

[/quote]

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1398605783

Well admin we are waiting!!!!!!!! :D[/quote]

Haha, we dont have admin...Jan wrote that as his last act before sailing off into the sunset. :) (not that I blame him)

20. FlatsMaster6750

FlatsMaster6750 I Love microskiff.com!

To get every bodies panties straight. Yes it was a Flip, it fished great, I added some minor upgrades Vmarines and yeti and wet sanded the hull. Made some money caught some fish and it was worth every penny of 12,500 to some guy from down south. Thanks for concerns though