SOLD/EXPIRED Hells Bay on CL

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by MaGuyver, Jun 9, 2013.

1. MaGuyver

MaGuyver I Love microskiff.com!

Not mine!

http://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/3856707966.html

2. warnerhvac

warnerhvac I Love microskiff.com!

Does anyone have any experience with the older model like this? Are there any major differences? Price seems pretty fair.

3. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

Call Tom Gordon @ Islamarine and ask him about any year and model for Info  His phone number is 305-396-0586 or email him: tgordon@islamarine.com

As the former Production Manager of Hells Bay and owner of Gordon Boatworks, Tom is the best resource to answer any Hells Bay or Gordon questions.

4. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

Also just a note that is not the same hull as the new Marquesa. They were completely redesigned and to be honest the new ones outperform the older model hands down in my opinion. Not saying it's not a good design just not as good as the new one.

5. MaGuyver

What was/is wrong with the 2004 - 2006 models?

6. RTS

RTS I Love microkona.com!

SD laid this out nicely IMHO.

When you have someone taking deposits and not delivering boats what do you think happens in production?  I'm on record of "not a fan" of HB after "07" but at least Peterson cares about what goes out the door.

That said, I owned an "05" Glades Skiff, I think built under Tom's wing and it was fine.

Call Tom Gordon. If I ever decide to grab a "Pro", that's where I'll go. ;)

7. MaGuyver

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

8. Snookdaddy

I meant "sketchy" because Hells Bay started having issues with taking deposits and not delivering skiffs..

I have not heard of any issues with any year skiff, except for fuel tank having to be replaced on older boats.. Tom G. even explained what the issues were with the fuel tanks and how to double the life.

I have a 2002 HB Waterman 18' and my good friend has a 2003 Marquesa.. I have not been on the new Marquesa, but would buy the old style in a minute..

9. Ckirk57

Ckirk57 Well-Known Member

I was contemplating selling my Pro to buy this Marquesa but I think Ozello would be too harsh on it.

10. warnerhvac

warnerhvac I Love microskiff.com!

What are the main benefits between the new hull and this older hull? It seems like a very nice boat. Is the asking price too much or on par?

11. MaGuyver

The new ones don't have the sponsons, the hatch lids open differently and the hull has larger built-in spray rail.
    From what I have seen one here and other sites, the price is about right, condition of the boat and market kind of set the price.
    Comes down to how bad do you want it,   :). And always do your DD.

12. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

What's Tom's advice for doubling the life of an older tank? Thanks.

13. Snookdaddy

Net 30,

I posted "how to" in the "Boat Yard Basics" section.. Here's a link:

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1371300939