SOLD/EXPIRED Hell's Bay Glades Skiff - SOLD

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Skinnyreds, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Skinnyreds

Skinnyreds Well-Known Member

2005 Hell’s Bay Glades Skiff, 25 HP Mercury – A Fly Fisherman’s Dream

The hull is Aqua-flage cloth with a clear resin cover, understood to be 1 of a handle full ever made.

Front compartment enclosed via a zippered cloth divider, concealing a built in 8 gallon Aluminum tank, TM battery plate, life jackets and throw cushion.  The bulkhead that separates the front compartment from the cockpit, acts as a mounting point for the TM Plug and the zippered partition. Also concealed in this area is your fuel/water separator.

The Coffin Box doubles as storage and cooler with dual drains. A spare 3-bladed SS prop is mounted inside the box. The box is topped with a cushioned chair mounted at the rear allowing you to sit down and steer. On the rear of the box is a large SS ring, used as a pull point for the tightening of knots and or straightening of fly lines. To the port side of the coffin box mounted on the gunnel is a compass allowing you to obtain a direction whether sitting or standing.

The rear storage compartment houses the battery as well as a power switch, allowing for the power to shut down.

The bulkhead that separates the rear compartment from the cockpit is where tilt/trim switch is located.

The rod holders are reversed and spaced in such a way to accommodate a minimum of 8 flyrods, 9’6” in length without issues.

The floor of the cockpit from the front of the coffin box to the rear bulkhead as well as the rear hatch is covered in sea-dek, same color as the rest of the boat.

The front casting desk is where the fuel fill is located as well as a SS casting platform. The starboard side of the deck is already tapped for a TM mount.  At the bow is a small SS eye for dock lines.

The poling platform is designed to be removable if you choose to do so. On top is a PP mount as well as ropes on either side to use a stakeout tie offs.

The PP mounts are billet aluminum and designed to be snag free of fly lines.

1999 Mercury 25 HP 2-stroke, Electric Start with power Tilt/Trim, and 4 Blade SS prop. There is an aluminum tiller extension with custom HB rope work the length of the handle. The motor runs strong, serviced about a year ago.

The trailer is a Galvanized Ramlin/HB trailer with galvanized wheels including a spare. There is a wooden plank the length of the trailer to assist in the loading and unloading of the boat in shallow areas. The wheel bearings etc were serviced in the last year.

If you were thinking you have seen this Skiff before, you are right, it was previously owned by Flip Pallot and was on more than one episode of this most recent TV series.

Lifestyle change forces the sale of the boat.

I’m sure I have forgotten something so if you have any questions or would like other pictures, email me @ mcmaster@cfl.rr.com  or give me a call 407-948-5284.

Price………..$15K OBO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Re: Hell's Bay Glades Skiff

Nice! Good luck with the sale! I'd buy it, but I would not be able to afford the divorce afterwords.

3. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

That's very tempting for me........beautiful boat....I seen it myself at the microskiff rally "the rock garden" of 07'

I will steal this in a heartbeat!

Good luck with your sale!

4. Skinnyreds

BUMP..........BTT For the New Year!!!!

5. Skinnyreds

REDUCED PRICE...................$13,900!!

6. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

IS this hull shaped a little different from other glades skiffs? It looks a bit different. Almost more like an ambush...

7. Skinnyreds

No this is the original HB Glades Skiff hull design.  The Ambush is slightly different and made after this boat was designed and built.  The cloth on the hull that is under glass gives it a different look. This is probably what is is throwing you off.
    If you have any other questions, fire away, the pictures don't do the boat justice, you need to see it in person.
    Mike

8. ReelWild

ReelWild I Love microskiff.com!

What a great boat, I'll let yall know how it does reel soon!

9. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

SOLD? Cool, Take lots of pix!

10. lloydwruble

lloydwruble I Love microskiff.com!

This is not the same boat