SOLD/EXPIRED Hells Bay Boatworks Whipray Classic For Sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by franklin.howell, Nov 3, 2014.

1. franklin.howell

franklin.howell I Love microskiff.com!

2013 Whipray Classic unbelievably customized by Islamarine. The skiff has the following: Custom cooler (Glasser Boatworks) with seat, grab bar(Bluepoint Fabrication) , and console pod. Gauges include Faria tach,trim gauge, and water pressure. Console pod also has base for Garmin GPS/Sounder, custom trim tab switches and custom switch panel . Switches are bilge pump, navigation lights, engine trim, livewell pump, livewell airstone bubbler system, cockpit and compartment lighting,3 gallon freshwater washdown system. 12 volt plug in receptacle and custom rope work for hand hold.Console has single custom rod holder on each side. Aft side of cooler has small storage area with custom door. Renzetti push pole holders (pushpole not included ). Twin batteries mounted in bow compartment with electric motor plug in and mount with battery charger plug in on console (electric motor not included). Custom under gunnel rod racks with blue carpet . Custom hard cell foam white cushions with ice blue piping  for all seating areas. Aft poling platform built to just clear the engine when trimmed up. Starboard forward corner of tower lid has small custom switch box for trim tabs and engine trim so that the operator can sit on tower and control skiff trim.Poling tower lid has SEADECK top (Castaway Customs) Skiff is white hull with ice blue cap. Rub rail is aluminum and cockpit trim is also aluminum. Ritchie compass is flush mounted on port gunnel. Bow tower is not included in sale.
    Engine is 2013 Tohatsu two stroke 50 hp short shaft tiller with electric start and power tilt and trim and Powertech stainless prop. Engine has approximately 50 hours. Carbon Marine tiller extension with engine trim switch mounted on end of tiller.Custom rope work on tiller.
    Ramlin aluminum trailer with swing away tongue, walkboard, spare tire and carrier,power winch with remote pull for easy retrieve.
    Garage kept and meticulously maintained. I have over $63,000 in this skiff but find I hardly use it as I have 2 other boats (Hells bay Marquesa and Contender) so I've decided to put it up for sale.
    Price is $44,000. I believe it is an excellent value for someone considering a new one or redoing an older one. I can be reached at 954-646-2757. Photos to be posted later but I did post photos previously on this forum when this skiff was being customized at Islamarine.   

2. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

Where are the pictures? Surely if you can afford three HB boats, you can figure out how to post pics or get one of your people to do it.

3. franklin.howell

I have 2 Hellsbay skiffs and 1 Contender. I've asked my friend Bill Hempel to post the photos as he has them.

4. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

Sorry, my bad. With only two HB skiffs and a Contender you need not know how to post pics. ;)

5. hferrell87

hferrell87 Well-Known Member

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while... :-? What does affording three boats have to do with posting pictures on a forum, that is not easy for many to do on here?

6. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1351600121/30

That's her right?

7. franklin.howell

No. That's my previous Whipray to the one that I'm currently offering for sale.

8. kbkeys1

kbkeys1 I Love microskiff.com!

Good luck with the sale Mitch. Which prop is on that TLDI?

9. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

I believe these are some pictures of the boat for sale:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Otterdog

Otterdog 2008 Gordon Waterman 16

Well that is one nice boat, a real jaw dropper. Sweeeeet, wish I was home because I wouldn't find a need to look further. The very best to the seller and the buyer. Whoever buys it should take some photos of their first trip on the bragging forum.

11. sotilloa1078

sotilloa1078 Well-Known Member

Beautiful boat, good luck with the sale!!!

12. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

This is the most tricked out Whipray I have ever seen. Should bring a good price. Good luck!

13. franklin.howell

Thank you snook daddy for posting the photos and to all of you for your compliments

14. flytyn

flytyn I Love microskiff.com!

Very nice. Love the TLDI. Great motors.

15. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

Just out of curiosity. Would you care to say what you thought the pros/cons are from your early whipray to this one?

16. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

This is one of the nicest skiffs ever! Your vintage skiff wasn't too bad either. My question is now that you have had two of the baddest whips ever. What in the hell are you gonna get next?

17. franklin.howell

Very little difference to be honest. My older one was not for sale but I was contacted by a gentleman who saw  the photos on this web site shortly after I completed it and he made me a generous offer. I kind of like these projects so I agreed to sell it. The draft on both skiffs is virtually the same (I measured both). Seems like the newer skiff tracks a little better in the wind. Top end speed on my current skiff is slightly less. Current skiff " feels" more solid but that could be my imagination. I raised the floor in the current skiff and it does drain better than the last one. I often hear how the newer skiffs are heavier than the older versions and that might be true but I honestly can't say the performance overall is any different. Hope that answers your question. As far as my what I get next, I always dreamed of owning something big enough to put a skiff or two on top of and tow my Contender behind..................Still working toward that goal.

18. franklin.howell

Ken- the prop is a Powertech 10.25 by 13 pitch part# REB3R13PTN40. It does a great job.

19. kbkeys1

kbkeys1 I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks Mitch, repowering my Waterman with a new Hatsu 4stroke 50hp.

20. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

FMH has always had the cleanest boats on earth, literally no comparison. Seriously
    awlgrip white trim tab actuators, perfection. I would take a gamble and say every screwhead on the boat lines up perfectly