Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mark - hey man, welcome to the party. There's a few smaller boats floating around down here; I think Mike's Marine and Jack's Boats will have what you're looking for, unless you're looking for a pure project boat... if that's the case, craigslist will be your friend

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark - hey man, welcome to the party. There's a few smaller boats floating around down here; I think Mike's Marine and Jack's Boats will have what you're looking for, unless you're looking for a pure project boat... if that's the case, craigslist will be your friend
I've been meaning to call Mike and I'm not looking to buy new. I'll call later today. I haven't thought about Jack's. I see your posts on the BBF forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a friend with a River Hawk for sale. Similar to a Gheenoe. Has anybody had any experience with this boat. It would be for my grandson.
Thank you.

·
Panhandler
2,716 Posts
Yes, similar to the Gheenoe with limited applications. I rescued two guys one time in the mouth of the St. Marks River who were swamped in theirs by the wake of a larger boat. The Low Tide 25 is more stable, but still not really an open water option. If you stick to creeks and launch near fishing spots, either can work but limited in salt, IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an older G3 1860. I want something to fish the Wakulla Beach area, specifically Shepherds Creek this time of year. I've been looking on CL for a while now. I'm going to Thomasville tomorrow took look at an older Gheenoe. It will end up being one of my grandsons. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The one I'm looking at tomorrow is a 15', with a 4hp Mariner. It is also on Craig's List for 1500.00. If it works out, I'll repower with a 9hp from Mike's. Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts