Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an old guy who has become pretty addicted to fly fishing for tarpon and fly/light tackle for reds in the past few years. I primarily fish in the Apalach area for the poons and over in LA for the reds. I currently run a 16' tin boat and a Riverhawk B60. Both have seen some marsh time in LA.

I came across the site doing some research on Ranger flats boats. If the motor checks out, it looks like my winter project will be cleaning up an old Ranger Ghost 169. I think it will give me a little more comfort level in exploring out around some of the barrier islands for reds. Anyway, I have been very impressed with the amount of info generously shared on this site. Thanks already for the help you have given me in making some decisions. Steve

G

·
I am an old guy who has become pretty addicted to fly fishing for tarpon and fly/light tackle for reds in the past few years. I primarily fish in the Apalach area for the poons and over in LA for the reds. I currently run a 16' tin boat and a Riverhawk B60. Both have seen some marsh time in LA.

I came across the site doing some research on Ranger flats boats. If the motor checks out, it looks like my winter project will be cleaning up an old Ranger Ghost 169. I think it will give me a little more comfort level in exploring out around some of the barrier islands for reds. Anyway, I have been very impressed with the amount of info generously shared on this site. Thanks already for the help you have given me in making some decisions. Steve
TNT, there are definetly some very knowlegeble and generous people on this site. Welcome!

·
Brandon, FL
10,934 Posts

Make sure to hang around the fly fishing section and the regionals for more local knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts