Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m Kyle, I live in central Texas and have a travel trailer in aransas pass, Tx. I used to kayak fish a lot and my dad has a 21ft bay boat that we take out a lot. After getting married I got my wife hooked on fishing but she refuses to paddle a kayak in the bays with me which is kind of my fault for showing her a video of a storm a buddy and I sat out on a small island in POC last spring. So needless to say it’s been tough to get out as much as I want. She recently saw a solo skiff and said “let’s get one of those to fish from!” I’ve been looking at some scooters and smaller aluminum boats but think a micro skiff would be perfect. I’m trying to keep it under $10k ready to go for 2. Any suggestions would be great as there are so many mixed reviews on products these days.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Might be able to pick up a Shadowcast 16 for that price. Personally, I'd take that over a solo and it will get nearly as skinny as a kayak.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The Solo is a single-person boat. There are a lot of good skiffs out there that you both can fish from. Is she willing to pole?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
161 Posts
Hi I’m Kyle, I live in central Texas and have a travel trailer in aransas pass, Tx. I used to kayak fish a lot and my dad has a 21ft bay boat that we take out a lot. After getting married I got my wife hooked on fishing but she refuses to paddle a kayak in the bays with me which is kind of my fault for showing her a video of a storm a buddy and I sat out on a small island in POC last spring. So needless to say it’s been tough to get out as much as I want. She recently saw a solo skiff and said “let’s get one of those to fish from!” I’ve been looking at some scooters and smaller aluminum boats but think a micro skiff would be perfect. I’m trying to keep it under $10k ready to go for 2. Any suggestions would be great as there are so many mixed reviews on products these days.
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Solo is a single-person boat. There are a lot of good skiffs out there that you both can fish from. Is she willing to pole?
i would likely be the one poling lol in all honesty I need something I can anchor then get out and wade while she can fish from boat or shore of small islands. I prefer wading over fishing from a boat when at all possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts