Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Skimmer Skiff
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been a lurker for a few months now but never introduced myself! I'm from Raleigh, NC but recently moved to Beaufort, SC in the last few months. I work at a local outfitter here and just picked up my first skiff, a Shipoke 14. Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Thanks,
John

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
Welcome, I'm up in Charleston but originally from Mount Airy, NC and an Appstate grad. I do fish Fish down your way quite a bit, holler if you see me running around.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats on the move and the boat, I'm also in Charleston but visit at least 2-3 times a year. You should learn a lot from those guys at Bay Street Outfitters. They always steer me in the right direction when I come down whether I'm buying a couple hooks, or new line.

P.S. My best advice, stay away from the Old Bull Tavern's "New Fashioned." Bet you can't have just one!

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,615 Posts
Welcome John! I just moved to Okatie a week ago with the skiff in tow.

Stop and wave if you see me stuck on a mud flat as I learn my way around this incredible fishery.

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,822 Posts
Welcome! Love the fishery in that area; it's like twice the water of Charleston with half the boats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts