Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Beavertail Micro 2016 Sportsman247-sold
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello skiff people 👋 , I am Billy, based in Flagler Beach FL and I am researching and shopping skiffs. I sold my 25ft bay boat last year and have an urge to be back on the water to FISH with out the passengers that only want to booze cruise to the sandbar. I also am an avid Hobie kayak fisherman that wants t o cover more ground, So I’m thinking a micro skiff is the move!
Cheers and thanks for having me, I look forward to making some new friends on here!

If there is a section I can see all the dumb new guy questions I will review so I know what not to ask…

·
Panhandler
3,477 Posts
Welcome aboard. The search function is your friend. Lot of various topics have already been covered in depth, but if you can't find an answer don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hello neighbor. We’ve been here in Flagler Beach coming up on four years. Bought an old KeyWest 1520 shortly after we got here as a temporary boat until I had a feel for the area and figured out what I anted/needed. I’m on my third kayak but still have the same boat...😂
Mostly fish the kayak from the back yard and rarely use the boat anymore even though I would catch more if I used the boat to cover a wide range.
What area do you fish from your yak?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Billy, Looks like your ready to get serious. You left out if you fly fish or not
I do some fly fishing but normally save that for trips to rivers and streams, not sure why I’ve just never enjoyed fishing salt with a fly as much as I do my spinning gear.
Hello neighbor. We’ve been here in Flagler Beach coming up on four years. Bought an old KeyWest 1520 shortly after we got here as a temporary boat until I had a feel for the area and figured out what I anted/needed. I’m on my third kayak but still have the same boat...😂
Mostly fish the kayak from the back yard and rarely use the boat anymore even though I would catch more if I used the boat to cover a wide range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I first moved to the area I fished up near marineland in the backwaters and down around highbridge, I’ve had some epic trips in both places. Also I am a “soon to be neighbor”, currently in palm coast until my remodel is done in Flagler beach, should be FB official by Halloween, Cheers!

·
Registered
Heron w/50 hatsu
368 Posts
Welcome. Flagler here as well. Do your research on boats and maybe even hire a local guide. Picking the right boat is tough for this area, as you need be able to get pretty skinny to get in a lot of areas on the lower tides, and also be able to deal with some big boats plowing down our very tight channel. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts