Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a GREAT forum - I've been lurking for a bit trying to educate myself on the microskiff scene and have learned a ton from you folks. I'll likely be purchasing something in the coming months and just wanted to say thanks to you folks who share your thoughts about various boats.

I probably have seen some of you Charleston folks fishing the Wando flood tides (I'm the fellow on foot waving a fly rod around a particular set of grass flats looking at you with boat envy).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m looking forward to floating my way through low tide mud flats and creeks. There is some great water to cover around here.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,295 Posts
You are fortunate to live close to a great human being and all around shallow and deep water fish hunter by the name of Chris Wilson. Save up some coin and fish with him.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,295 Posts
You are fortunate to live close to a great human being and all around shallow and deep water fish hunter by the name of Chris Wilson. Save up some coin and fish with him.

·
Lip Ripper
1,717 Posts
Welcome, I live over on the other side of the harbor but spend a bit of time every year on your side slinging a fly rod around. And @sjrobin I thought you were talking about me until you said Chris Wilson, maybe you just misspelled it.

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,651 Posts
Welcome -- I grew up in Mt. Pleasant. Very different town now than it used to be, but still some great fishing in the Wando if you can avoid the crowds.

Lots of good info on here, definitely post up some pictures of the skiff if you end up getting one!

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,415 Posts
X2 on Capt. Chris Wilson.

But maybe you can cajole mtoddsolomon into sharing some of his opposite harbor secrets. ;)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
X2 on Capt. Chris Wilson.

But maybe you can cajole mtoddsolomon into sharing some of his opposite harbor secrets. ;)
He did with me. Vacationed there a couple of years ago and he gave me some spots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet you gentlemen (you too mtoddsolomon). I’ll have a few boat questions for you folks - I’m thinking Ankona and Salt Marsh and will be seeking opinions. And if you see a fly fisherman on the Wando waving you over, its probably me encouraging to come closer and fish with me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts