SOLD/EXPIRED Hell Of A Deal!!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by swampfox, Feb 15, 2014.

1. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1999-Maverick-16-Mirage-102175530#

I caught my first tarpon and permit on fly. In a boat identical to this in Big Pine. These boats flat out get it done. And have a good ride in chop. Which is why they are so popular in the Keys.

2. creekfreak

creekfreak I Love microskiff.com!

3. Suncoast1911

Suncoast1911 I Love microskiff.com!

I wanted to thank the poster who located this boat. Looks like she will be going home with me after a sea test.

Very excited. I have been limited to a kayak for a while and an increase in range will be great

4. swampfox

My pleasure bro. The reason I posted it. Was in hope someone like you would find it. Hell I almost got it. Make sure post some pics. When you get her home and polished up. New water awaits you my friend;) Congrats and have a cold one on me [smiley=1-beer-german.gif]

5. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

Best of luck!

Now get her home and take off that fugly bottom paint!

6. creekfreak

This one is worth stripping down and restoring it.Awlgrip monochrome ice blue or aqua mist.Id hook it up.This is the mirage closet to the dolphin superskiff.I like the liner on the mirage better.

7. swampfox

Yep we are in a new era. Where these older skiffs are needing some love. It used to be you would haul em to the landfill. But with the cored no wood construction. It's worth it to put money into a restore. The newer well built boats will last a life time. Just need to repower every ten years or so. I bet that old Yamis has many hours left in it. And oh so light :)

8. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

Got yourself a steal, especially this time of year.

9. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

If and when you sea trial... I'd sure like to know the actual length of that skiff from the bow back to transom if possible. Those early Mirages were great boats.
    Thanks

10. Otterdog

Otterdog 2008 Gordon Waterman 16

Put a smile on my face, good bunch of people on this forum.

11. Suncoast1911

Sea trial went well and we have come to terms on price so it looks to be a done deal. Other than a few oyster scratches it is real clean.

A paint job is definitely in the future but the distant future. The wife was not looking to be a boat owner lol

12. Suncoast1911

Out of curiosity, what do you think the repaint you described would cost on a boat this size?

13. Godzuki86

Godzuki86 FlounderPounder

That's ok if she isn't. I would have told mine that she need not worry about what boat I buy. She should be focusing on what's going on my sammiches'!

Congrats my friend!

14. creekfreak

If you do it yourself,it would be around $500.00 in material.We would have to start a whole new thread on this subject,lots of info on process but I would contact Glasser and get estimate.He will leave it like u bought it at the boat show.

15. sm20cf

sm20cf I Love microskiff.com!

CONGRATS!!! You found yourself a great boat at a great price. Here is my '93 Mirage I rescued. If you need any info throughout the process let me know.
    [​IMG]

16. creekfreak

thats only paint,if you count rub rail,electrical,the hole shabang,ect. Its a lot more.If you can't do a lot your self it's better finding a skiff in $12.000 to $15.000 where its ready to go.I myself would do most of it my self it would be worth it all.I get my paint at discount marine and other stuff at river marine in Miami.Id call Glasser 1st though.This lil Mirage is a lifer.

17. swampfox

Nice! You got thread on that? Anybody know when Maverick started vacumn infusing their boats? They were the first company I ever heard of using that method. And that was a while ago. And I am pretty sure they started with the mirage. Just can't remember the year.
    Medic I know that boat has no problem running out front. But what about in the back? I know it get skinny as hell back there. Like running across that stretch north of muddy bay.

18. sm20cf

sm20cf I Love microskiff.com!

When running the back I run the Turner through hurdles creek mud bays and cross bays and all that with no problem on a negative low. There's a way to run it that will be passable in most boats. My father's Egret has no trouble either. As you said it handles rough stuff extremely well. It is very sensitive to the tabs. The older mirages pole extremely well IMHO. Someone on here said a 17 maverick will squat with a 90 but I just don't see it. Maybe if all gear were in the back hatches. Mine measures 16' 5" so just a couple inches shy of the newer model hpx. I don't know the exact draft but it is somewhere in the area of 7-8". I don't have a trolling motor and carry only the essential gear. Top speed is 44 mph the way I have it set up.

19. Suncoast1911

Don't want to sound ignorant but who or what is "Glasser"?

20. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Johnathon Glasser / Glasser Boatworks / Glasser16? on our forum. He does tremendous custom work, rebuilds and revitalizations.