Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sup?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m back after a long hiatus to share that I have ordered my dream skiff.
HB Waterman 18
2tone Castle tan / Guide green nonskid
Yamaha F70
Side console with front porch
Simrad evo3 nss9 FMT chip
White cockpit lighting
Backrest
Black powder coat platform and wheel
Faux teak seadek under rods and on platform
Black aluminum ramlin
22’ Moonlighter PP

6/18/20 - First update. The mold has been sprayed with some castle tan Gelcoat.

6/22/2020 - Vacuum infusion

6/29/2020 - Out of the bag and cured. Hatches cured.

95C87DCC-FE20-4A1D-8D5E-9E69E56B5A3F.jpeg

7/8/2020 - I took a trip to HB and was able to see my skiff going through the build process first hand.
Deck pic. ;)

7/9/2020 - Hull waiting for cockpit.

7/20/2020 - Bulkheads are painted.

Underside of deck painted.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,263 Posts
Congrats. HB guide you through the build or you tell them exactly what you wanted? No Tohatsu?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Congrats. The 18 Waterman had long been my dream skiff. In January of this year I got a great deal on an '07 Gordon with a 70 and it is indeed a dream. It's rigged similar to yours, side console, front and side porch, no backrest though. You're going to love what it's capable of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome build! A dream boat for everyone. Hope the building process goes smoothly to get that beast out on the flats where she belongs. Are you involved in the process at all or are they just letting you tag along to view the progress?

·
Sup?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats. HB guide you through the build or you tell them exactly what you wanted? No Tohatsu?
They had some suggestions and a base package to start with. I sold my last skiff knowing what I wanted to get into next so I’d say it was an easy process. I have too many Yamaha mechanics in my area to pick from but I’m a Tohatsu fan.
Congrats. The 18 Waterman had long been my dream skiff. In January of this year I got a great deal on an '07 Gordon with a 70 and it is indeed a dream. It's rigged similar to yours, side console, front and side porch, no backrest though. You're going to love what it's capable of.
Thanks! I droll a little every time I see a Gordon. Nice find. I looked for a used waterman but wasn’t quick enough.
Awesome build! A dream boat for everyone. Hope the building process goes smoothly to get that beast out on the flats where she belongs. Are you involved in the process at all or are they just letting you tag along to view the progress?
Thanks! They’ve been very helpful in the build process. Started with a factory tour and demo of the waterman, they had one with a F70 and a side console there so that was great. I sat down and went through my list of what I wanted and now I’m getting to watch it all come together. I was able to visit once to see how things were going and grab a couple pictures.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,263 Posts
Curious which skiffs you have owned before this Waterman that would lead you to this choice

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,263 Posts
Nice customization/convenience package. I know why the tubes are longer, and you may stay out of choppy water, but I would not ride with high end fly rods in that curve. Perfect for TFO and casting rods however.

·
Sup?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like plenty of room for the fly rods on SB side.
There’s room for 6 9’ rods but yeah, they’ll be on the SB side mostly.

What batteries are you going with?
It comes with an optima blue top, 1 house battery, no TM.

Nice customization/convenience package. I know why the tubes are longer, and you may stay out of choppy water, but I would not ride with high end fly rods in that curve. Perfect for TFO and casting rods however.
Thanks, my shoulder will be happy to not run a tiller and finally have some comfort. Ehh, my thoughts are they’re made to bend, however I’ll be storing fly rods on the SB side mostly. The rod tubes look overly bent due to the wide angle of the camera also.

·
Sup?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rog. Did you consider lithium?
Not really, I know they weigh less but that’s about it. I figured I’d use the blue top and do some more research. PM me if you want to school me on the benefits.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts