Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are moving to the Cape Coral/Ft Myers area. 1st... ANYONE needing a buddy to share gas, driving, food, FISHING and conversation? I'm in! We'll be there again 1st week in June. I am NOT sure if I am micro skiff material. I'm a big guy. 5'10" 300Lbs and I like long walks on the... NO... But you guys thinking I'm out of my mind? Before I get too much more excited, let me first discover if I'm gonna "make it" on a micro. Thanks for having me as a member.

Todd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Todd

Welocome hooe your move goes smooth! I'm located in Fort Myers near downtown so who knows let me know when your in town.

BTW my name is also Todd

See ya

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Todd. I have a friend that has lived down there for 20+ years and he's transplanted from LI NY as well. Not that I find it unusual to see NYer's in FL... But we were thinking FL, fishing, retirement, and I don't really dig E Coast and we visited a few months ago and LOVED SW FL "vibe". Probably settle in Cape Coral area or N Ft Myers. I will look you up! What boat are you sporting these days?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome... I too live in Cape Coral, but what is this vibe you speak of? I have never thought of Fort Myers of having a unique culture since it is so

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome.. I too live in Cape Coral, unfortunately I am not from up North (I know rare these days)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone is so much more laid back that where we've lived over the last 40 years. LI NY, Chicago, Baltimore for the last 40. NOT boaters but folks around here aren't really into the sport, they are meat fishers. I fly fish exclusively FFI Certified Casting Instructor, etc. and catch and release. Just everyone we met from Ft Myers to as far N as Venice were all super nice and welcoming.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Todd - you are showing up just in time to fly fish the beaches for snook. My girlfriend recently moved to Tampa with me but I used to go see her in Cape Coral every weekend and for the last two summers we fly fished Sanibel, Captiva, and Ft Myers beach from May to Aug for snook - on the right days it's a sight fishing affair. Try the stretch from Bowman's to Blind Pass. Hit up Norm Ziegler's fly shop on Sanibel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts