Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hauling the Hewes down to Matlacha this weekend, looks like it's gonna be chilly. How has the fishing been from you all down there?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
561 Posts
Water is CLEAR and the fishing is good. Catching is a bit more difficult due to cold and super clear water but the fish are there. Sometimes not too bitey. Maybe bait would make them more cooperative/less spooky. I popped a bunch of snook on fly out in the cold and wind this AM. Been getting slams many days and resorting to catching a trout or 2 others. Have fun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad to hear the water is clean. Thanks for the information, I will report back.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had a fun trip. Water was super clear as was reported by timogleason (thanks again). We caught snook, reds and trout and ladyfish (and a personal record Lizardfish on a plug, we moved immediately). The largest snook was only 18" and all were carefully released. The 18" snook's tail was really torn up, does anyone know why this is, is it due to spawning or something?

The weather really cooled off and the rains came on Friday and the fishing slowed down a bit, although when we had luck, it was in deeper water.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I drove the boat from the Bridgewater to the ramp at the park in a downpour on Sunday morning. Thank goodness for Frog Togs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts