HDS 7 start up ?

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by cvilt, Sep 8, 2012.

1. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

I finally picked up a HDS7 gen 2 with a base map and a Navionics Platinum Plus chip. The Unit came with directions and I have used Lowrance products for years but the chip came with a jump drive ( that when plugged in only says it is ready for use) what is it for? The package has a spot for a CD but no CD should it have come with one? It also has no directions and when I go to the site there is little help. I think I would like the PC app but get lost in the process. I don't want to plug in the chip and lose info. I need some help getting started anyone here willing to help :)

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Flash drives have gotten so inexpensive, that the pc software is now
    on usb chips instead of cd's or dvd's. Put the drive in the usb port
    and when the pc says it's ready, use my computer to explore the drve
    for files/folders without doing any installations.

3. cvilt

Thanks Brett, It was ready to go earlier know when I connect the Flash my computer says it is unavailable. And what am I looking for in my computer ? LOL

4. cvilt

Loading the PC app is the problem. After some searches it is common and it appears Navionics is not concerned. Anyone here have success loading it?