Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major props to Tom Gordon and crew at the skiff shop for repairing, restoring, modifying and repowering my 2005 HB Marquesa side console.

I found the boat early this year. I knew it had issues, mostly cosmetic inside the hatches. I also talked to Tom before I bought it and he gave me a run down on what to look for in HB skiffs of this era and what to expect repair-wise and a ballpark budget. I also figured that something unexpected would likely come up. It usually does. I bought it with the intent to have it properly restored, repower it with a four stroke, and a few other mods based on how I fish and my likes.

Bottom line -
Tom and his crew delivered, exceeding my expectations. And I absolutely love how it turned out.

I’ll post a few pics.

Here’s how I bought it. Serviceable enough. Fished it a few times so I knew what I wanted tweaked.

Boat Vehicle Water Watercraft Deck
Boat Water transportation Vehicle Speedboat Boating

·
I Love microskiff.com!
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rare side console Marquesa....looks great.

Curious what made the rear hatch tubs get that bad?
According to Tom, my Marquesa was built during the period when HB was struggling. The hull may have been built then sat for some time before it was finished. The hull and the exterior are great. It was inside the hatches that was sub standard. Tom told me what to expect and look for before I went to look at it.

Once they got in to it the skiff shop crew took it down as far as they needed to and refinished it to make sure it was fixed for life.

·
Panhandler
3,461 Posts
I had a similar one made by Metal Fabrication of Tallahassee, depending on where you're located. Quality work and powder-coated to match the rest of my skiff. A very handy accessory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.