SOLD/EXPIRED HB Guide (CL Find) NC

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by contenderv07, May 22, 2014.

1. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

HB guide in wrightsville beach...
    http://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/4483272470.html

I'm not up on the HB's but is that a good price???

2. sickz284u

sickz284u The redfish whisperer!

Seems like a really good price!

3. brunyan

brunyan I Love microskiff.com!

Agreed. Suprised it hasn't sold yet in just 3 hours. That seams to be a stingray asking price these days.

4. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

Don't walk, run to close this deal! Great price if this is in good shape. If you are looking for a larger skiff that will be a jack of all trades, this is one of the best. Another plus is that it was built at a time that HB did some of it's best work.

5. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a good deal unless something is really wrong. When I see stuff like this I wish I had an extra 17k lying around.

6. contenderv07

UGH I wish I could get this!!!!! We just sold our house today and we have to start building our new one.. I was looking at a BTV, but if the time was right I would have grabbed this one.. Bad timing... thats my life ;D

7. johnmauser

johnmauser I Love microskiff.com!

Only about an hour from my house. I'd be checking that out if I didn't have a new boat in the mold.

8. el9surf

Not sure how the skiff market is in NC but if this was in Florida it would have been gone within hours of being posted.

9. firefish

firefish I Love microskiff.com!

then again it might have been sitting on that lift constantly for the last 3 yrs ,,, and most of the previous 13! complete w/ a chalky gelcoat finlsh, lots of corrosion and a dryrotted fuel system ,,,and waterpump on a motor that hasnt ran in yrs. I mean can you really tell from 2 1/2 @## pictures? The trim tabs look rusty !! :eek: But then again it might b the next great steal !!!!Just my frustrated .02,,,,, and throw in a $2000 tank job at HB, or Glassers shop !

10. fishinaa

fishinaa Well-Known Member

Boat is in great shape that I can tell. I've honestly never seen it off the lift and go by there several days a week.

11. contenderv07

I'm looking for you to say it's got holes and layers of bottom paint ;D

12. MaGuyver

MaGuyver I Love microskiff.com!

I called last night but no one answered. Left mess. to call me back. I agree with Firefish- looks like it could be a bit rough but maybe a good project boat.

If it has been in the sun for years will the glass become brittle?

13. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

It's a great price if the boat is in decent condition..  Someone needs to check it out asap.  Negative speculation on the condition of a boat from pictures only is what helped me get my pristine Waterman 18.

If you're interested, get in touch with the owner and see what he has to say..  Better yet, throw a few $$ to "Fishinaa" or "John Mauser" and have them stop by to check it out for you...   

If I was in the market, I wouldn't listen to the speculation here and get in touch with the people who matter the most (seller)..

14. MaGuyver

MaGuyver I Love microskiff.com!

I have talked with the owner and he is going to send me a few more pic.s. I will go from there.

15. contenderv07

:'( lol

16. firefish

You Are so right snook!!! My point exactly is that and opposite !!! Don't fall all over it when you cant tell what its really like from the pics. especially only two !!!But I can tell u this from a quick glance ,,, tabs are rusty, center piece of rub rail is hanging out, and poling tower anodizing is shot !!!And who leaves or even puts anchor and chain on deck ?? Again , Maybe not very clear pics... But I sure have looked at my share of PRISTINE boats in last 6 mos. and haven't found the right one yet,,, All in all it does have one thing no matter what,, Potential

17. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

Yes... The chain and anchor on the deck doesn't show much pride of ownership from the pictures, but he may have gently set it on the deck to dry out (I don't know).. The anodize is hard for me to determine.. You have a good eye to catch the rub rail. Most would miss this..

I would get some additional pics, especially inside the hatches and a close up of the wiring to see if it merits closer inspection.

Good luck to the new owner!

18. el9surf

Cosmetic issues aren't hard to fix. Structural issues are the ones to worry about. Rub rails can be replaced, fiberglass can be wet sanded, stainless can be replaced or polished.

19. firefish

TOUCHE' Correct,,, Just has to make sense financially!!! Just have to make sure you don't pay more in the end that the boat AND the fun is worth !!! Some smart guys on here !!!!This guide at the right price is easily brought back better than new !!!!Any insight to the guide? The pro and waterman guys say theyre barges,,,,, are they or are them guys just Bias ???

20. johnmauser

johnmauser I Love microskiff.com!

What I noticed from the pics is that there is no NC in front of the registration numbers on the hull. Just means that it hasn't been registered or used in NC. Guessing he moved from somewhere else and it's been sitting on the lift. Doesn't mean anything bad, just something I noticed.