Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am finally getting really close on the setup of this little skiff. It's a blast running this thing!

Enjoy the boat load of pics! So far:
  • Boat wiring cleaned up and replaced broken/corroded components, main battery switch was holding on by a prayer.
  • Cleaned all the hatches and gunnels of mold.
  • New fuel system from the tank to the motor.
  • New powerhead (still waiting for it to come in)
  • Cleaned and scrubbed all the metal work back to a bright finish.
  • Waxing regularly.
  • Completely re-worked the trailer to almost better than ramlin dry-launch trailer.
  • Removed the TM battery and TM for now.
  • Revamped the Lower unit with all fresh seals.
  • Changed the wiring function to have a dedicated Accent lighting and navigation lighting.
  • Had HB repair a small area right above the bow eye.
  • Soon to have Removable casting platform
  • Fresh Seadek for Casting Platform and Poling Platform (soon).
IMG_4769.JPG
IMG_4817.JPG

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is, and no rear end squat.
It only squats when popping on plane. I need more cupping on the prop.

If the guy on the bow really outweighs me It will draft more in the front, I have tried to move the cooler back with moderate success.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,936 Posts
Love the Devilray!

Reactions: flyclimber

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,822 Posts
I love the Devilray -- getting to fish out of one of those really lit the fire in me to build the Conchfish. It's really surprising how well the boat handles some chop, especially for its size.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It only squats when popping on plane. I need more cupping on the prop.

If the guy on the bow really outweighs me It will draft more in the front, I have tried to move the cooler back with moderate success.
Haha it was me. Fat in the front!This Boat is clean as hell. It was nice fishing it and brought a more simplistic fishing experience than the everyday high platforms and all the extra crap we dont really need. Unfortunately we didnt hook up but the human element was my problem oh and the memory in my fly line killed my morning. But all in all it made me miss my little tiller with the same merc 25 2 stroker.awesome little big boat

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha it was me. Fat in the front!This Boat is clean as hell. It was nice fishing it and brought a more simplistic fishing experience than the everyday high platforms and all the extra crap we dont really need. Unfortunately we didnt hook up but the human element was my problem oh and the memory in my fly line killed my morning. But all in all it made me miss my little tiller with the same merc 25 2 stroker.awesome little big boat
Let's make it happen again! The tides are great this week!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BEAD4BFA-9E01-422A-857B-79A8A4AC6DFE.jpeg
2C96C82E-3B61-41F5-9B34-991E7DAD79F1.jpeg
975FD8F5-1150-48E8-99D2-DEE22986A099.jpeg
Had Barracuda Props add a tiny amount of cupping to the prop to solve a blowing out problem I was having. Ended up gaining 2 MPH top end and helped the hole shot.

Also added some new squishy seadek

1 - 20 of 27 Posts