Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I went out solo this afternoon for a couple of hours to check on the local population. Pushing down a shoreline and a guy is walking towards me. Mind it I didn’t even see him initially or I wouldn’t have even gone down it. We end up meeting head on and he was asking me the good age ole question.. catch anything. I did just feed a nice snook on the 5wt from the platform so I told him. He said nice all I’ve caught so far was a tarpon. As he said that I follow the string that’s tied to his waist behind him. There were 4 snook all underslot and out of season. I was like damn what do I do. I called him out and he said mind your own business I gotta eat. So I pondered for a minute if I should call FWC. Well I did. And on the way back to the ramp stoped at a quick spot. One of those if there here you’ll know. Ended up sticking a nice 26” red from the platform on the 5wt too. I’m calling instant good karma? So my question is has anyone here called the man for any reason. This was my first and I’m no snitch but just do what’s right..

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
so I went out solo this afternoon for a couple of hours to check on the local population. Pushing down a shoreline and a guy is walking towards me. Mind it I didn’t even see him initially or I wouldn’t have even gone down it. We end up meeting head on and he was asking me the good age ole question.. catch anything. I did just feed a nice snook on the 5wt from the platform so I told him. He said nice all I’ve caught so far was a tarpon. As he said that I follow the string that’s tied to his waist behind him. There were 4 snook all underslot and out of season. I was like damn what do I do. I called him out and he said mind your own business I gotta eat. So I pondered for a minute if I should call FWC. Well I did. And on the way back to the ramp stoped at a quick spot. One of those if there here you’ll know. Ended up sticking a nice 26” red from the platform on the 5wt too. I’m calling instant good karma? So my question is has anyone here called the man for any reason. This was my first and I’m no snitch but don’t fuck with my pets!!
Dude didn't even play stupid which makes it even worse. Good on you for calling him out and making the call.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
289 Posts
I work with my local FWC officers, the resource isnt mine or any single person. It belongs to everyone(or mothernature for you hippies)!

It's not snitching when you follow the rules but deal with the consequences of those who are above the law poaching. Nobody who is poaching is going to starve if they dont poach.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Surprised the tarpon wasn't on the stringer. Around here fwc is spread so thin I'm willing to bet 90% of their calls go unanswered.
They will always be thin ...............now that u have the land/cattle barons in charge of the commission watch where the money goes..the marine folks have lost a lot of federal funding w/ the merger

·
Registered
813 Posts
Called the man on a guy trespassing on my family's property to hunt on another property. He had blocked a road (family property) leading to a hay field (also family property)to deer hunt on leased land. When it was all said and done, the guy got a free ride in the back seat of a Crown Vic sheriff's car, and his truck was given a ride on a roll back. He was hunting under the influence, 2 counts of trespassing, hunting without wearing safety orange vest, and simple possession marijuana. The local LE had been looking for this individual for some time.

·
Brandon, FL
10,976 Posts
Called on 2 different occasions when bass fishermen were delibertly trolling around in my decoys and not allowing me to hunt. Resulted in tickets issued.

Called once on another duck hunter in TN. This is a long story but 2 years later resulted in 9 years in prison, $10,000 in fines and loss oh hunting for 7 years after getting out of prison. The sheriff was also investigated and ended up getting released. See what hunting on restricted federal lands. Pointing guns, shooting guns at people and dogs all while being video taped gets ya!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya, it was wild. The guy was just rambling and talking about the most absurd crap. It went from he just had open heart surgery and that his Doctor was mad for him even fishing to asking if I was a guide and saying that he was a guide and that business was slow. At that point I was like WTF this guy is crazy. Said he walks that shoreline everyday from a local bridge. I was like ya okay and swim across the multiple channels? (Plus I’m out there all the time. Never seen him) Then I saw the snook. I mean damn, like topnative says. It’s a lifestyle. Then people like that wonder why they are in trouble all the time. Guy looked homeless to boot. Pisses me off people just kill everything. Like BB said if he would have been upfront and said look I’m homeless and this is the only way I will be eating today. I would have thought about it more. But not with his bull crap lies and multiple underslots. I do know there is a new FWC officer in the neighborhood I’ve chatted with him. Good honest dude that knows his stuff and not just looking to stop anybody and everybody for stupid stuff. Any good officer can usually tell within 2 mins if you got something to hide. I hope ole boy hunted him down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts