Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have an opportunity to buy a brand new 11 or 12 weight Hardy Zephrus for around $380. I was originally looking at a Colton Leviathan as a backup tarpon rod. The Zephrus would mean paying about $150 more. However, the Zephrus may become my go to rod, not the backup. I still need to cast it. Does anyone have any experience with this rod that they care to share?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I jumped around rods a long time... fished the Zephyrus 9 weight & 10 weight 4 pcs a couple years ago... then tried a bunch of others in 1 piece. Now I’m only fishing the Zephyrus 9&10 1 piece rods & love them...& want to try 11 & 12 for tarpon season.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a zephrus 1pc in 9 and 11wts and absolutely love them. A friend has a 12wt 4pc and it's a phenomenal stick as well. The 1-piece rods are the tits if you don't plan on flying with them. If money weren't an object, my whole quiver would be 1-piece zephrus with 4 piece backups/travel rods. The 11wt (in my opinion) is the perfect blend of lightweight/fast action/soft tip/backbone for tarpon presentation with enough balls for pulling hard on big fish

·
Registered
763 Posts
I threw the 9wt 1pc at the end of the day for a few minutes last weekend and man it was nice. Haven't fished it but wanted to toss it a little while on the skiff rather than in a parking lot. It was loaded with Cortland's Guide taper and threw great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts