Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one to brag, even in the "bragging spot", however, my better half graced me with a new Hardy Zephrus 11wt for Christmas. This was my first Hardy rod ever, and was stunned by the craftsmanship, the attention to detail in everything from the guides to the rod tube and sock. It really is a remarkable piece of art and craftsmanship. I spent a large portion of my Christmas vacation in the backyard casting the stick - it throws beautiful long tight loops without sacrificing accuracy or feel. Those boys at Hardy across the pond definitely have made me a believer.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,370 Posts
Make those post on the Fly Fishing forum here on microskiff. It will get more appreciation on there.

Andy Mills personally turned me on to that particular rod. It's one sweet rod and it's his go-to rod for Keys poons. ;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make those post on the Fly Fishing forum here on microskiff. It will get more appreciation on there.

Andy Mills personally turned me on to that particular rod. It's one sweet rod and it's his go-to rod for Keys poons. ;)
That's what initially got my turned onto the Hardy Sintrix rods... Saw a clip on youtube of him just abusing the thing against big sharks off Palm beach - pretty impressive how much lifting power the rod seems to have, and after casting it, the thing doesn't feel like a 2x4 whatsoever. Pretty amazing what these new resins can do.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,370 Posts
Not just the resins, but the actual taper of the rod. It's got a wider butt section and appears at 1st glance to be heavy, but feels light in hand and the swing weight is also lite. The wider butt tho helps to create more lifting strenght without sacrificing weight or creating more stiffness. I also love the recoil stripping guides (tho some people don't). It's fast but doesn't feel too stiff for an 11 and even in the 12. That's where a lot of nice rods start having stiffness problems in the their upper weights. But I think Hardy found a way around that problem and nailed it.

Ted Haas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts