Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever dealt with them on a warranty issue? I have 5 Hardy rods in total, never had any issues till Sunday. First time out using my new 8ft 6wt Jet and it broke mid cast after about 5 minutes right above the ferrule. Sent it in, just wondering what to expect.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i actually dropped the butt section of a proaxis 10wt off the side of a boat in deep water when i was assembling it. Lost a nice reel as well :(.

Anyway they were not great they charged me $125 for a butt section and it was the newer proaxis-x they sent which is a different color of green. So the rod did not match and then i always wondered in the back of my mind if the action was wrong as i heard the proaxis x was slightly different in the resin. This was also maybe 6 years ago before they changed ownership. It hurt the used resale value as well as the rod looked a bit strange

·
Registered
49 Posts
i actually dropped the butt section of a proaxis 10wt off the side of a boat in deep water when i was assembling it. Lost a nice reel as well :(. Anyway they were not great they charged me $125 for a butt section and it was the newer proaxis-x they sent which is a different color of green. So the rod did not match and then i always wondered in the back of my mind if the action was wrong as i heard the proaxis x was slightly different in the resin. This was also maybe 6 years ago before they changed ownership. It hurt the used resale value as well as the rod looked a bit strange
The different color would absolutely irritate me as well...they really should have contacted you on that before sending it out. The price, however, is right in line with what I'd expect from any high-end rod maker. If you had broken the butt, it would be another story...but losing it? Scott gets 175 for a butt section replacement.

https://www.scottflyrod.com/app/web.../Forms 2019 Folder/Scott Repair Form 2019.pdf

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,428 Posts
i actually dropped the butt section of a proaxis 10wt off the side of a boat in deep water when i was assembling it. Lost a nice reel as well :(.

Anyway they were not great they charged me $125 for a butt section and it was the newer proaxis-x they sent which is a different color of green. So the rod did not match and then i always wondered in the back of my mind if the action was wrong as i heard the proaxis x was slightly different in the resin. This was also maybe 6 years ago before they changed ownership. It hurt the used resale value as well as the rod looked a bit strange
The rods were still made at the same place in the UK. You could have requested the older butt section, tho it may have took more time to locate (but worth it).

·
Registered
10 Posts
They’re pretty on top of things these days with warranty. Honestly everyone is. As long as you don’t loose sections it shouldn’t be an issue. If you have any problems just contact your #localflyshop

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the rod was delivered to Hardy on Friday and as of this afternoon the section has been replaced under warranty and will be shipped back this afternoon. That's pretty good service!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts