Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ex Troutbum
144 Posts
Yeah. But what makes you really happy. I snuck in on my skiff the other day sans mothership and was surrounded by reds. Simple pleasures are best.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
From my point of view... that's the lord's way of letting everyone know you have too much money... Most of the small skiffs aboard "mothership" type big boats that I've seen have the little skiff on the bow... Wonder how much extra trouble launching and retrieving is for something up on the flying bridge....

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
One thing is certain with bigger boats -each one supports more that a few jobs in the marine services industry (not to mention captain, mate(s), etc.).

The generally accepted figure that most use when looking at something expensive that lives on the water is that the owner will be laying out 10% of the original purchase price per year - just to keep it floating and in good condition... Spend a mill to buy it - then you'l also be spending $100k per year just to keep it in good condition - and that does not include fuel, supplies- or the cost of captain and crew.... but does include dockage, haulage, and all the little this and that things that need skilled maintenance...

Like I said - too much money....

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Very nice Cap... none of the big boats I worked on years ago (all six pack rigs) were in that class... Where are you operating?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Are you kidding me? It really looks like that could be an arm behind it. Figured it would pick them up and swing from the middle to port starboard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts