Happy Independence Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cvilt, Jul 4, 2013.

1. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

Happy Independence Day. America is not a place but an idea. There has never been an idea that came to fruition like America. Unlike any other country anyone can be an American. You cannot become a German, Jew or Italian etc.. they are ethnicities but America is an idea people have given their all to up to and their lives from the very concept of it. If you know about the 56 signers on the Declaration of Independence most gave up everything they had earned and some were tortured and saw their families torn apart be prison and death to see this idea of free people and the power of the individual become reality. Here is a short story of just one : New Jersey signer, Abraham Clark.

He gave two sons to the officer corps in the Revolutionary Army. They were captured and sent to that infamous British prison hulk afloat in New York Harbor known as the hell ship Jersey, where 11,000 American captives were to die. The younger Clarks were treated with a special brutality because of their father. One was put in solitary and given no food. With the end almost in sight, with the war almost won, no one could have blamed Abraham Clark for acceding to the British request when they offered him his sons' lives if he would recant and come out for the King and Parliament. The utter despair in this man's heart, the anguish in his very soul, must reach out to each one of us down through 200 years with his answer: "No."

I believe we are at a cross road not the first we have seen as a Country but one that will certainly decide the future of this idea. We must not allow the politician's divide us. We have different ideas of what we think we should be and should not be but if we cease to be the strongest and most compassionate people in the history of the earth buy surrendering our freedom for security the rest of the world will be the ones that suffer. We as a people have spread Peace, Freedom and Liberty throughout the World using the American trinity "Liberty" "In God We Trust" " E Pluribus Unum". These can be debated or refused but broken down they ARE what make us the greatest place on Earth.

Happy Independence Day my Skinny water friends :cool:

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Great read Path and thanks for sharing :)

And to add, this country was also founded on two very important things: Beer and Roman Candles. Be careful this evening with both :D

Happy 4th fellas !!

3. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

Who could forget alcohol and explosives. Important building blocks of freedom :)

4. fishicaltherapist

fishicaltherapist I Love microskiff.com!

Serious: We ARE STILL the greatest country with the MOST GIVING people on this Earth! Respect,treasure,and get involved in it's freedom.

Not serious: If you drink too much today,play with explosives tonight..... count your fingers in the morning!

HAVE A GREAT 4th forum members!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: