Hampton Roads

Discussion in 'Virginia, Northern East Coast' started by VBTravisD, Jul 26, 2012.

1. VBTravisD

VBTravisD Believer in the Buffalo Theory

Any guys from the Hampton Roads area? I typically fish the lynnhaven, Rudee inlet and some parts of the ER.

2. TampaFlyGirl

TampaFlyGirl Well-Known Member

I go back and forth to VA beach throughout the year. Never towed the boat up from Florida, or fished the area...but would love some advice for the area. It's quite a bit different than the waters I typically fish!

3. VBTravisD

There is a little bit of everything up here. There are a ton of small inlets and bridges/structure to fish. All depends on what you're after.

4. Sean_Leatherbury

Sean_Leatherbury I Love microskiff.com!

I know where to fish in York County.  It's a brutal ride to the beach, in my experience...  friggin neighbors running out of gas.

5. VBTravisD

The reds are all over here... guys are catching them from 10-40"... I had a day out on the intracoastal Sunday where we caught maybe 40 in the 15-20" range.

Puppy drum and speckled trout is what everyone is after this time of year. Striper season also opens tomorrow.

6. tieoneon

tieoneon I Love microskiff.com!

I fish Rudee and Lynnhaven alot. I live in Virginia Beach and just purchased a Gheenoe LT 25. Been catching the hell out of reds and specks in it that last couple of weeks. Alot of sight casting to reds in Lynnhaven.

7. Lee_Wallace

Lee_Wallace I Love microskiff.com!

I live on Linkhorn Bay and did real well on the puppy drum all summer. I have a 16 ft Sandpiper skiff with a 25 Evinrude but my motor is giving me issues that I have not been able to fix.

8. tieoneon

tieoneon I Love microskiff.com!

I fish in that area quite a bit. Been doing really well with the trout and pups. Will probably take the Gheenoe out the end of this week. Last week pushed out a school of reds on the flat, was pretty amazing to see about 50 rat reds all schooled up in 6 inches of water :)

9. Rodthefemur

Rodthefemur Member

New member here, and I live in the Western Branch area of Chesapeake. You can find my catching stripers on the fly around the MMBT and up in the puakatank River.

Running a 16 foot key largo

10. EddieSapp

EddieSapp I Love microskiff.com!

I live in Virginia Beach over 8 years now (military) grew up in Daytona Beach Fl though. All I can say is the red fishing here is awesome!!! Only problem is that it's seasonal for the most part, some of the small ones do stay year round, but during summer months they are thicker then mosquitos! A great thing about the VB area is that the inshore areas shallows/flats don't get much pressure compared to the southern states. I have a 2014 beavertail micro and also had a 2014 Ranger phantom(sold) that I fish the area with. I also do a lot of tournament bass fishing year around, which helps keep me from pulling my hair out waiting for the reds to show back up in the spring :] Any of you locals guys see me out and about feel free to say hi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. coolguy420_69

coolguy420_69 Active Member

Hey Killers, running to Rudee tomorrow just wanted advice, if you miss my trip tomorrow, still need all the help I can get