Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Chesapeake/VA Beach are and looking to purchase a ~14" skiff. If anyone is within a reasonable drive, Id appreciate a chance to learn a little and take a test ride.

I currently fish and cruise off of a Hobie Tandem Island as well as have a Live watersports l4 Expedition paddle board with a 3.5hp gas outboard (micro-micro).

Love to get together!

Grant

·
Registered
63 Posts
Grant. VA BCH/Hampton area doesn't have a much a skiff following from what I have seen. I have lived there for 15 years and have only seen one or two on 64 or 264. I had to go to Charleston to pick mine up. A little closer option would be Wilmington, NC. I have seen quite a few ads for some around there. Probably not much help at all, but coming from the area I know the difficulty of trying to find one. Mitzi skiffs are out of NC, and there is definitely a use for a skiff around the area. Good luck and if you have anymore question please reach out.

Jake

·
Registered
20 Posts
Grant, I'm in Virginia beach near Lynnhaven Inlet. Using a Santee for the backwaters and freshwater rivers nearby.. Welcome to take a ride or look it over.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m back in town and going to grab my boat next weekend. My neighbor said the specs are around so I’m gonna try and get out a couple times

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to the area(Chesapeake) and was looking for something for a while. I finally settled on a 15.5’ Riptide Mini Rip with a 20hp Tohatsu 4 stroke. They are built down in Mt. Pleasant, SC. They are hard to find used so if you see one go take a look. I doing some minor electrical work but pm me if you wanna come take a look at mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new to the area originally from the gulf coast. I currently do not have a boat and have been downgraded to a kayak... If anyone is looking for someone who will split fuel, pole a boat and fly fish let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts