Hammerhead hits boat

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by contenderv07, Oct 16, 2012.

1. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

This is CRAZY!!! snaps that pushpole in half too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI-BdkyaACY

2. juanmlopez2129

juanmlopez2129 I Love microskiff.com!

The sheer power, velocity and audacity not to mention the incredible acrobatic ability of this apex predator is nothing short of sheer grandeur... Now THAT is a shark... LOL He wanted that lemon soooo bad. I have had plenty of run ins with them, and let me tell you, when they want something and hone in on it, you can kiss it goodbye 100% of the time... Just hope that "thing" he wants is not you. I have had them eat a whole stringer of black grouper AFTER being mortally wounded... (Back in the commercial days, old fisherman I used to work for hit him with a powerhead) Shark had a chunk missing from above the dorsal, including part of his gills and he was still chomping down on the grouper. He was maybe 8 foot long..

It bugged me a lot that he killed it, we have no right... At least I made him take it for meat and the fins.

-swordfish

3. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

yea those things are crazy fast and agile...I remember watching shark week with them and they can turn on a dime and give you 2 nickels..

4. juanmlopez2129

juanmlopez2129 I Love microskiff.com!

I suspect that speed, weight as well as agility is why they shed their bones and evolved a lot better than we did I must say... We conquer nature with technology, for without it, we are rather truly weak... So in my honest and humble opinion, they are a higher species, in evolutionary terms that is.

-swordfish

5. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Am i the only one watching this shaking my head in jealousy of how friggin clear that water is?
    Spoiled bahamians... :-/

6. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you this but Stuart's water wasn't that far off before the Army Corp of "Engineers" and SFWMD got their hands in the pie. Check out some old aerial photos of the area, particularly Jensen, and notice all the rich grass flats.

It'll turn your stomach..

-T

7. Rogersar24

Rogersar24 I Love microskiff.com!

I now have a kayak for sale!

8. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Oh i know...
    My immediate familys been in Jupiter since 1870..
    The things my grandfather would tell you would blow your mind..