Gulf Coast of Florida home waters?

Discussion in 'Florida Gulf Coast' started by Backwater, Nov 23, 2016.

1. david_corbin

david_corbin I Love microskiff.com!

Sarasota Bay out of City Island ramp. sight fish reds on fly skinny out of a caimen and deeper flats with most anything plastic that comes out of a Zman bag.

2. SWFLrunner

SWFLrunner Active Member

Live in Crystal Beach, East side of St. Josephs Sound directly behind the pass betweeen Honeymoon and 3 Rooker islands. Boat ramp is a mile from the house but use dirt launch at a park to avoid that madness, Anclote is another option. Reds, Trout, and Tarpon within minutes of launch. Typically work my home area and North, great diverse fishery.

3. Wintille

Wintille 2006 Ranger 169 Ghost

Been fishing the Southshore of Tampa Bay from the Alafia River south to the sunshine skyway for 14 years. Mainly use artis but will throw the castnet when I have guests aboard. The diversity and quality of our fishery down here never cease to amaze me!

4. jeep2448

jeep2448 Active Member

Crystal river is home, I fish from Homosassa to Cedar Key!

5. I'm out of Fort Walton Beach. Padre I think I've passed by you once or twice

6. efi2712micro

efi2712micro Well-Known Member

Hi Cliff ... heading to Englewood June 9 and spend a week on manasota key. First time in the area so don't know much. Will you be there then? Any place you recommend for fly fishing? Looking to get my young one (17) on a babytarpon. The folks on this site have given me lots of options but still have three weeks to go so continuing to plan! Cheers

7. efi2712micro

Daz, Cliff, coming down from Houston with a BT3 myself and open to sharing a pole myself if interested ....

8. eightwt

eightwt Active Member

I live in burbs of Havana, Fl. Currently fish out of a yak, but we have a 13 whaler that we need to get running and in the water. Fish St Marks to St George Island and local fresh water on the fly.

9. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

Did not know they had suburbs up there in that neck of the woods beautiful part of Florida. My mom lives above Tallahassee in Georgia my wife loves antique shopping up that way.

10. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

Wish I could join in but I am in Island Park, Idaho for the summer fly fishing. Henry's Fork, Madison, Yellowstone. Lucky to have the chance for some of the best salt and fresh water fishing.

11. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I have seen you out there. We should do a meet up. Fish some, park on a sand bar and take some pics. Maybe a couple of cold ones.

12. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

Love Henry's Fork. Hoping to get back there this September.

13. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

Padre, Give me a holler a few weeks before you are out here. September is fantastic-we can do a float on the lower Henry's Fork or over on the Madison.

Cliff

14. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

That would be fantastic. I will. thanks.

15. efi2712micro

Did the gallatin to snake river and everything in between last year with my then 16-year old daughter. It was a dream. An amazing trip .... enjoy!

16. eightwt

eightwt Active Member

Had my tongue firmly planted in cheek.

17. I'm always up for beer and fishing and I've got a pretty flexible work schedule

18. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

I am hoping to get out Friday. I have someone in the hospital so I might have to do a funeral. I'll message you tomorrow. Maybe we could meet up. Are you fishing in the Star Tournament?

19. Hope it all works out for the best. I'll be out there Friday if the wind isn't too bad. I haven't heard anything about the tournament. When/where is it? I won't enter, but would definitely check out the weigh-ins

20. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

The tournament runs all summer. It is a catch and photo tournament. They have great prizes including trucks and boats for catching a tagged redfish. They released like 4 reds in each coastal county in FL. I took 4th in the fly division a couple of years ago and won a nice Engle prize package. It starts Memorial weekend. https://www.ccaflstar.com

Inkandholes666 likes this.