Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met this guy in the North West Colorado years back on a private land do-it-yourself bow hunting elk in the middle of NO-where! Seemed like a nice guy and we all helped each other packing out meat as we had a productive week hunting elk. If you have never packed out 200lbs + pounds of elk meat for miles over mountains you have not lived. Come to find out (around the fire) one night he used to own a little boat company in Florida that somehow went bankrupt! Can y'all tell me his name?? Hmmmmmmmmm!
Elk 2010 681.jpg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
595 Posts
No idea who he is. Hear you on packing out an elk though. We killed one 7 miles in at 10,500 ft this past season. Going back is something I think about dang near every day.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I cannot believe you guys are not getting this! Lets just say he purchased a famous technical poling skiff company and ran it in the ground! Come on guys this is easy!

Reactions: Rick hambric

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a winner sjrobin!!
The buddy I went hunting with was a guide in S. Florida and we were talking fishing around the camp fire. From out of nowhere he owns up to being the past owner of then defunct Hells Bay boat company. My buddy proceeds to drop his adult beverage and a heated discussion begins as he had good friends who lost a lot of money on boat deposits with the bankrupt HB! Almost had to separate the two but they both calmed down and the discussion got civil and finally we all went to bed. We were up really early the next morning as we had a 1 1/2 hour hike just to get to our hunting grounds and he was gone when we got back to camp as he had tagged out and headed back to Alabama.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
What is he doing nowadays?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Reminds me of the story about the revenuer up in the hills of a nameless southern state.... While looking for moonshiners he came to a path leading up a heavily wooded hill with a small boy sitting next to it... He asked the boy where the path would take him... The reply, "It'll take you to my daddy's still - but it won't bring you back...."

If I remember correctly there were some hard feelings about what happened to Hell's Bay back then.... very hard feelings...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
595 Posts
We have a winner sjrobin!!
The buddy I went hunting with was a guide in S. Florida and we were talking fishing around the camp fire. From out of nowhere he owns up to being the past owner of then defunct Hells Bay boat company. My buddy proceeds to drop his adult beverage and a heated discussion begins as he had good friends who lost a lot of money on boat deposits with the bankrupt HB! Almost had to separate the two but they both calmed down and the discussion got civil and finally we all went to bed. We were up really early the next morning as we had a 1 1/2 hour hike just to get to our hunting grounds and he was gone when we got back to camp as he had tagged out and headed back to Alabama.
Interesting. HB was the first company to spring to mind, but I wasn’t aware of that phase of ownership. I thought it went from Morejohn and Flip to Chris Peterson. I had heard stories of lost deposits that didn’t seem like something the founders would do.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I heard that when Chris Peterson took over HB that he gave credit for the deposits that Brian took. I thought that was pretty classy on Chris' part being he did not see any of that deposit money.
Viking1 is correct! But lets just say there were a lot of folks running around thinking they had lost a good chunk of change after the bankruptcy! His flip attitude pushed my buddy over the edge and lets just say some choice words were spoken I had never head him speak before. After calming down back at the cabin I suggested a shot of Whiskey before we hit the sack and the next day we were hot and heavy into bugling bulls. Thank god Peterson has done a great job with the boat company and reinstated the good Hells Bay name.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts