Grinds my gears.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by YanceyM, Mar 16, 2011.

1. YanceyM

YanceyM I Love microskiff.com!

You know what really grinds my gears?

When people come to this forum and start accounts only to try to sell their crap. There should be a 15 post minimum before anyone can post in the classifieds.

That's my 2 cents.  ;)

2. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

If it's good crap I need, I don't care what their post count is.
    If it is crap I don't need, I scroll past. :)

3. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

The more registered users the more Capt. Jan can command from advertisers and the longer the lights stay on.

I totally agree with cal.

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

While I agree with you guys, the point of this forum is to have a community of sorts electronically. I don't trust the guys who sign up just to sell something, usually the same guys who can't move stuff on craigslist and usually not represented correctly. I agree there should be some sort of minimum post requirement, It won't stop guys from signing up since they won't know until they try to put something up in the sale sections, and it might get a few more of them to stick around.

5. YanceyM

YanceyM I Love microskiff.com!

Right I get that it's a $$ thing, to get more #'s means to get more from the advertisers wallet. But a forum isn't a free classifieds ad for craigslist rejects who over price and midrepresnt an item. (not saying that that happens here) But a community to talk about fishing. To pass around ideas and tips, and help each other out. Not make a dime and leave it at that. I just don't want this forum, which I happen to like, end up like others that are completely fake and commercial.

I'm sure everyone knows one or two that are like that.  :)

6. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

"Right I get that it's a $$ thing, to get more #'s means to get more from the advertisers wallet."

Not even close to how the ads work on this site....trust me.

7. firecat1981

Well then that settles it! I say a 20 post minimum! :)

PS. if they start a bs post and reply to themselves 19 times saying nothing they should be deleted and blocks! :mad:

8. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

How is that what settles this post ?

if some one has been lurking for some time then wants to upgrade there skiff stuff and sell what they have. This just gives us the form members a chance at a good deal. I like the way the form admin lets sellers sell and buyers buy. At the end of the day we all like a good deal and why not get a shot at a new member that may add some thing to the site, fresh input or nice fishing pic's.

9. firecat1981

If they are lurkers then that would get them to post, if they decided to sell something, if they post and interact then they may stay around. I've been a member of this site for 5 years or so, I've very rarely seen a good, or honestly represented deal from a 1-poster, mostly just craigslist rejects as previously stated. This subject has been a sticking point with me for a while now and I've brought it up in the past, craigslist and ebay are meant to be anonymous, but in a community like ours you should be able to trust the people you buy from.

10. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Sorry but that's more work than just letting them post. Now I have to monitor their posts and determine "if" they are real posts or just BS posts to hit a certain "numer". Too much work. It's staying like it is.