Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've been lurking for awhile now, just never posted. Figured I would formally introduce myself. My name is Craig, Montana born and raised on flyfishing for trout, more recently I've begun to chase different species, common carp, smallmouth bass and northern pike.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome Craig! Montana sure is a beautiful state and has some awesome trout fishing. I guess your common microskiff would be a drift boat, which have their own awesomeness.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome! I’m in Colorado, but a horrible trout angler. If you are ever down this way hit me up and we can chase some Rocky Mountain redfish(carp)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Love me some Montana! One of the greatest places on earth to bow hunt whitetails and elk if you got the $$$! Welcome to the forum Craig Pablo.

·
Brandon, FL
10,094 Posts
Welcome!

Yes drift boat. I used to have an aluminum one when I was in MI. Sure beat the heck out of fiberglass when kissing rocks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Craig! Montana sure is a beautiful state and has some awesome trout fishing. I guess your common microskiff would be a drift boat, which have their own awesomeness.
Thanks Scrather! I actually use a raft to drift with and fish for trout. My "microskiff" is a 1436 jon boat with a custom aluminum casting deck and a cooler strapped to the back seat for a poling platform lol. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! I’m in Colorado, but a horrible trout angler. If you are ever down this way hit me up and we can chase some Rocky Mountain redfish(carp)
Thanks Fishshoot. I'd love to take you up on that invitation, I've only been chasing carp for a year but it's a blast! Not much for crowds either chasing carp. If you're ever up my way we can chase trout (and carp!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love me some Montana! One of the greatest places on earth to bow hunt whitetails and elk if you got the $$$! Welcome to the forum Craig Pablo.
Thanks Bonecracker, Living in Montana does have its advantages. I love hunting whitetail, mule deer and especially elk! If you ever make it to Montana to hunt, let me know, I'll show you around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome!

Yes drift boat. I used to have an aluminum one when I was in MI. Sure beat the heck out of fiberglass when kissing rocks.
Ducknut, aluminum is durable but COLD in the spring and fall! lol. I use a raft, also beats fiberglass when "kissing" rocks!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome.

If there's a rock bigger than a golfball within a 50 mile radius of my house, it's because someone put it there. lol

Reactions: Craig Pablo

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks Bonecracker, Living in Montana does have its advantages. I love hunting whitetail, mule deer and especially elk! If you ever make it to Montana to hunt, let me know, I'll show you around.
Craig I know a little ranch outside of Lewistown that is full of elk per our 2014 trip. The smallest bull in back of that truck scored 350 and the biggest pushed 380. The problem in that unit is drawing a damn elk tag! :mad:
Montana 2013 333.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts