Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I've been a long time member on SpeyPages and WFF and recently found this site referenced in one of those communities. I've been fly fishing most of my life, mainly SST where I grew up on the West Coast. I've dedicated the last decade to two handed rods, dabbled a bit in saltwater but never really took it seriously....until this year.

Now I've got the bug, Big Time.

I'll be retiring in a year (or so) and plan to seek out a coastal lifestyle - this site is just what I have been looking for; great community of very knowledgeable members who are generous with their skill and experience. I've already connected with a couple of you - you're great people, looking forward to more.

Thanks,
David.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I retired last year, and I've been wanting to get salty for a while now. I'm up I-85 a little ways from Atlanta (I'm assuming ATL means Atlanta, and Brown referring to the Hooch).
There's plenty of free knowledge here, look forward to hearing yours!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes on Atlanta, you’re close on the rest! Downtown Brown is my go to beer from Lost Coast Brewery in Crescent City, California near where I do (did) a lot of fishing. It’s also a reference to my employer sometimes referred to as Big Brown here in ATL... Thanks for the note, I’m always up for a day (or two) trip to the coast if you’re looking for a co-conspirator.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm in Peachtree Corners, just east of Alpharetta. The Big Bend and Panhandle of Fla and the Ga coast aren't too far from Atlanta, and Lake Lanier has a good populations of stripers and spotted bass. Good luck!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome. Great forum here. I found it last year after retiring, selling our house on Lanier, and moving to Flagler Beach, FL. Still bounce back and forth between there and our cabin up between Blue Ridge and Suches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts