Government regulated gas cans

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by permitchaser, Apr 28, 2016.

1. permitchaser

permitchaser I Love Skinny Water

I have a 5 gal gas can made of plastic. As many of you know you can't buy one without a rachet cap and a nozzle that has a plastic black slide pice that has to be pushed down in order to dispense gas. Insane.... I emptied my gas can into my truck, because I am tried of taking my trimmer, hedge trimmer, lawn mower and edger, in every year to get the carbs cleaned because of ethonal
    So since my local Speed Way has E- free I am switching but I digress

While pouring the gas into my truck I had to situate it upside down so that lever was depressed so it would pour. I took way longer for it to come out than if I had the old style nozzle
    I use this can for my boat on trips or to add some gas without trailering it to the station
    My point is someone in government sits up in Washington and gets 1 call that some dodo spilt gas as he was filing his mower whilst smoking and he turned to a crispy criter. So that one complaint change all gas cans from a plain plastic nozzle to rachet caps and slides that won't let you put gas in until it's depressed. The fact is I spill more gas with that stupid plastic slide so I use a funnel without the nozzle
    I know black coppters are coming to get me now:rolleyes:

2. Capnredfish

Capnredfish Well-Known Member

All the typical new jugs suck. Fing idiots that make up these rules

topnative2 likes this.

3. jmrodandgun

jmrodandgun Well-Known Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Backwater and jtrev3 like this.
  4. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Just buy one of those clear blue siphon tubes from Lowes. I haven't used a pour spout on anything after I got one..

5. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

Look on ebay they sell old school nozzle /vent kits to retrofit these new cans. The nozzles on the new cans are completely useless. Designed by some genius with no real world experience.

6. permitchaser

Thanks for the videos. I did not see in them the type I have that's even more hideous. I like the brass valve idea to vent.
    Mine you have too push down a tab to rachet the cap off. That's going by by today

7. Draggn Grass

Draggn Grass Active Member

Do you have link or picture of the blue tube you are talking about?

8. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

9. permitchaser

I bought the replacement nozzle and vent from Tractor Supply $9. But I am going to use the brass vent valve instead of the plastic one

So Neanderthal pours gas on a fire out of a can and the fire follows the stream of gas then Boom!!! Darwinism. Then we get useless cans.

10. jimsmicro

jimsmicro I Love microskiff.com!

It wasn't a question of someone catching on fire it was a pollution problem. Gas vapors into the atmosphere is what the new cans are designed to eliminate.

11. permitchaser

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The top one is what I took off and the bottom is Tractor Supplies Answer. That little yellow top screws on so no pollutants will escape.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  12. Backwater

Backwater Fly Fishing Shaman

Just get ya a Georgia credit card and get some petro outta yer buddy's boat when he's not lookin!!! ;)

SomaliPirate likes this.
  13. permitchaser

Thanks Backwater. I just got back from Race Track paid almost $3 a gallon to fill up my 5 gallon can with E-Free gas. Next time I go out in my boat I'll go back there;)

14. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

If you keep gas any length of time metal cans are way better. I only use non eth on boats, dirt bikes, mower, lawn maint equipment.

15. permitchaser

I like the brass vent in the video

16. Canoeman

Canoeman Well-Known Member

Bureaucracy, making life more complicated, one regulation at a time. My small car has a mandatory back up camera (it's not a bus), with all the safety interlocks my lawnmower's wiring harness more complicated than my first car, and it takes a team of accountants to complete a tax return. I do have a good supply of old style gas cans though :)

17. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

Alert....do not use the valve stem idea in the video for venting...they deteriorate...go on ebay and buy the yellow vent caps ...they will fit in the same hole